Houzz Logo Print
yasmin_yazdani

Kitchen worktop spend

Yasmin Y
vor 6 Jahren
Hi there
I have a one-bed flat and I'm not sure that I'll be here more than a couple of years. Is it worth investing in a decent kitchen worktop? I'm not convinced I'll get my investment back in the resale. My options are Minerva vs laminate (a third of the price).

Interested to know if anyone has made a similar decision.

Cheers!

Kommentare (5)

• GardenFairyGodmother GFG
    vor 6 Jahren
    Go for the laminate worktop. As it's not your forever home, it's not worth the extra expense. There is not much you can do to add value to a one bed flat except decorate it nicely.
  • A S
    vor 6 Jahren
    A laminate worktop can last pretty long; I know many discredit Howdens, but our previous worktop was a laminate from Howdens and lasted upto 10 years, before we removed it to renovate the property.

With anything, if you take care of it, it will last a good, steady amount of time.

As mentioned above, maintaining the flat in a good condition will keep the property on its higher price range.

All the best
  • Jonathan
    vor 6 Jahren
    It all depends on the value of the flat. If the more expensive worktop is less than 1% of the likely sale price then I say spend the money because it will help with saleability and might well add to the value
  • PRO
    Aflux Designs
    vor 6 Jahren

it really depends on the usage and how it will be used. usually you can get a pretty standard quartz/composite that will last the end of time but if you want to spend hundreds not thousands then a laminate - perhaps depending on yours style choose a wooden laminate effect as the plain colour laminate (Apart from the whites and greys) look really cheap and could make the kitchen itself look a bit under valued

• Yasmin Y
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 6 Jahren
    Thank you! Really appreciate the advice
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.