Houzz Logo Print
melanie_newman9070752

Renovating a pool with a large pebblecrete concrete lip - ideas

Melanie Newman
vor 6 Jahren

We are looking to renovate our pool area and our house style is modern contemporary and I'm trying to figure out how I modernise this pool lip that is currently pebblecrete. My ideas were to cut the lip ioff but that's expensive and we'd loose water depth or to render it and square it off to make a modern feature of the lip.

Just wondering if I'm missing any great ideas others have had experience with...

Kommentare (6)

• PRO
    Concept Products
    vor 6 Jahren

decking is the way to go.

Have a look at a low maintenance option to save oiling it all the time.

Millboard is the premium choice.

Carbonised Charred Millboard decking · Mehr Info

Millboard Smoked Oak decking · Mehr Info

www.millboarddeck.com.au

• PRO
    Davidson Design Studio
    vor 6 Jahren

Another possibility is using a rebated coping paver.

This could be installed over the existing edge and the surrounding pavement level raised to match the new level. The extra thickness would be about 25mm above the existing pebblecrete edge.

Good luck!

• Illuminide Interiors
    vor 6 Jahren

Raise the surround and deck. Great pics siriuskey:)

• User
    vor 6 Jahren

We rendered ours, then built the paving up to level. Huge mistake. Every time it rained, all debris from around the pool, ended up in the pool...including sand from between the pavers. If we were do do it again, I would definitely render, but I would maintain a small hob/lip.....maybe half the size of yours. Little did we know it's there to do a job. We ruled out decking due to the ongoing maintenance (we already had nearly 100m2 of decking above the pool to maintain!....and then the pool itself, as we all know- never maintenance free!!).

• siriuskey
    vor 6 Jahren

Thanks Ill, our pool was a difficult shape and position so the best solution for us was the lovely timber which does have a small gap between it and the pebble crete so helps with sand and dirt but leaves will always find their way in especially if you trees nearby. It looks lovely, we use a long handled gadget with a rectangle pad to recoat every six months depending on weather. We have changed to British Paints Aqua Deck which does a better and less expensive job. Also be careful with any use of real timber up to the edge of the pool as it can leech out and stain your pool. cheers

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.