vor 6 Jahren
Any help appreciated.
1970s property in need of updating.

Kommentare (11)

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    vor 6 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 6 Jahren

What you want to update? Brick walls look good for me.Windows look fresh. Roof looks good.

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    vor 6 Jahren

Here are some ideas

• Sally Medd
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 6 Jahren
    Thx just to make it more attractive I guess, I love the before after pics... seems render is the way to go. Thank you.
  • PRO
    LSO Architects
    vor 6 Jahren

have you considered replacing any of the windows - perhaps dropping the cill levels to the ground floor windows - you could also go for cladding and render as a mixture- change the garage door or paint

. The arched window seems like a strange feature - perhaps enlarge and square this off and clad this section - not sure of the layout behind so difficult to comment . heres a face lift we are in the process of doing for a client may give you some ideas

• Sally Medd
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 6 Jahren
    Great thanks now you’ve mentioned the window I think the arch doesn’t look quite right for some reason maybe that arch is a bit dated and a tall window would work better definitely something to consider thank you and I like the idea of cladding the front porch area too.
  • Sally Medd
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 6 Jahren
    The arch window is the porch/hallway the left is the lounge and the right is the study.
  • PRO
    Orange Key Design Studios
    vor 6 Jahren

Hello Sally, some good advice above and nice before and after pics from celerygirl. To give you an idea of what a part rendered, part timber clad 1970s house could look like, I've attached a before and after pic of a remodel we recently designed for a client (this was a 2-storey side extension, losing the garage and re-positioning the front entrance and internal layout).

Decide upon whether you actually need a major change to your house, or just want something cosmetic to improve the way you feel about it. Re-positioning the front door, updating the windows/garage door and rendering/cladding might be enough?

Whatever you decide to do, make it the right choice for your lifestyle needs and the best possible version you can afford.

Good luck with whatever option you decide to take. Regards, Jo at Orange Key

• Sally Medd
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 6 Jahren
    Wow amazing I love the timber cladding. Does this work out for pricey than tender?
  • PRO
    Orange Key Design Studios
    vor 6 Jahren

Thanks Sally!

Our client sourced the Cedar cladding themselves for this house. For your house, our advice is to seek out a number of local companies (via Houzz?) who specialize in timber cladding, show them the picture above, and ask them to quote. The same with renderers.

Remember, when employing any tradespeople, get recommendations, meet with them to see if you like them, ask to see examples of previous work, try to get 4-5 quotes then agree on the price and what needs to be done. Good luck! Jo

• Sharon
    vor 6 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 6 Jahren

#2 requires front exterior extention. The photo above only requires changing windows and door and refinishing.

Please give your opinion on my exterior too! [https://www.houzz.co.uk/discussions/which-exterior-remodel-dsvw-vd~5138748[(https://www.houzz.co.uk/discussions/which-exterior-remodel-dsvw-vd~5138748)

ps I'm American and we paint the brick directly with breathable paint vs render it.. painted brick = charm. Not sure why this isn't done more often but consider it?

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.