Houzz Logo Print
sandibb

height recommendations of1/2 wall

sandibb
vor 6 Jahren
We’re taking down part of a wall between the kitchen (renovating) and dining/living room. How high would you suggest for the remaining wall?? There will be quartz on top of it. 12” wide

Kommentare (10)

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    vor 6 Jahren

You want 12" overhanging the wall, minimum, 15" preferable. I'm cutting down a lot of bars so you may want to make the wall flush with your cabinet tops.

• User
    vor 6 Jahren

Part of a wall requires just as much of a extended header as removing the whole wall. Has your contractor discussed those structural implications with you?

• Melissa Gallagher
    vor 6 Jahren
    Are you going to have 2 eating areas next to each other?
  • palimpsest
    vor 6 Jahren

Is this just going to be a pony wall or is there going to be cabinets against it?

• sandibb
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 6 Jahren
    Not familiar with the term ‘pony wall’. There’s no cabinets above or below the wall. I just wanted to open the area up a bit to make it brighter in the dining room. The quartz counter will be as a ledge/pass through.
    There will be a small table for 2-4 in the kitchen area, which is for 90% of the time and the dining room for larger dinners of 15-20.
  • Melissa Gallagher
    vor 6 Jahren
    So, basically a half wall in between the two eating areas with a 12” piece of stone on top....?
  • Melissa Gallagher
    vor 6 Jahren
    I’m sorry but that just seems awkward. I can’t picture it at all. Can you draw is a floor plan/ diagram?
  • User
    vor 6 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 6 Jahren

Too goofy for words. Separate formal and casual eating areas need to actually remain separate. If you have a lighting issue, you fix it by addressing the lighting plan. Not by doing structural alterations that cost you thousands and thousands to actually accomplish correctly.

Start by putting in some lamps.

• palimpsest
    vor 6 Jahren

I would not recommend your plan as a good design solution.

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.