Houzz Logo Print
maykke

POLL: Kitchen Sink Apron Front - Fluted or not?

Maykke
vor 6 Jahren

Do you like the look of a fluted white kitchen sink or smooth apron front more for the farmhouse style kitchen? Any particular reason why?

Kommentare (15)

• miss lindsey (She/Her)
    vor 6 Jahren

In general I like a less fussy look, and I'm imagining wiping out those flutes every time one of my kids steps foot into the kitchen, so I went with plain.

Maykke hat miss lindsey (She/Her) gedankt
  • thetzone
    vor 6 Jahren

I prefer smooth. I think it lends to a lot more looks than fluted. To me fluted is only farmhouse or traditional whereas smooth can be modern or a mix of styles.

Maykke hat thetzone gedankt
  • PRO
    North Coast Interiors
    vor 6 Jahren

Smooth - and it will be easier to clean.

Maykke hat North Coast Interiors gedankt
  • chiflipper
    vor 6 Jahren

Smooth.

• PRO
    The Kitchen Place
    vor 6 Jahren

Ive never cared for the fluted ones. I like the smooth or the recessed panel ones like this one shown here. This kitchen was done almost 20 years ago.

Plain & Fancy Cabinetry: Arctic Distressed White · Mehr Info

• Becky Harris
    vor 6 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 6 Jahren

Fluted is too fussy for my taste. And it's kinda more Art Deco-ish than farmhouse to me.

• PRO
    Sacred Spaces Home & Garden
    vor 6 Jahren

Not fluted for this installation, imo.

• PRO
    Gialluisi Custom Homes
    vor 6 Jahren

Definitely smooth.

• artsyphartsy_home_maker
    vor 6 Jahren

I like the photo you provided, & think the fluted looks great in that kitchen, although normally I tend to lean toward smooth. Fluted is different and a nice change of pace.

• PRO
    Artisan Timber Works llc
    vor 6 Jahren

maykke,

I agree with the lot that the fluted is to much,

The recessed panel version would go well with the cabinets here...

and if it was black it would tie the hardware and shadow lines together.

Would love it if the faucet was black in this pic (y)

• PRO
    Artisan Timber Works llc
    vor 6 Jahren

Contrasting sinks are coming back around...

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    vor 6 Jahren

Smooth--not sure where the fluted style came from. It certainly isn't a farmhouse look. The simpler the better.

• artsyphartsy_home_maker
    vor 6 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 6 Jahren

I don't like black sink & hardware, too much black. kitchen would feel like a dungeon to me. If it were just only the black hardware that would be ok. A black sink is just a big 'no' for me though.

• tooky58
    vor 6 Jahren

I liked the fluted but, I believe it would depend on the finishes in the rest of the kitchen. If the kitchen is fairly plain it could add just that little something extra.

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.