Houzz Logo Print
juliafairley

Do velvet homewares attract lint, hair and dust?

Julia Fairley
vor 5 Jahren
zuletzt bearbeitet:vor 5 Jahren

Calling all velvet lovers. I've noticed velvet clothes seem to pick up every piece of lint, dust and fluff around. Have you found velvet furniture and homewares do this too? I'd love to work this material into my home though not if it's going to end up looking like a lint filter. Thanks!

Hollywood Collection · Mehr Info

former semi-detached house · Mehr Info

Kommentare (10)

• Sara Graham
    vor 5 Jahren
    I haven’t found that to be the case. We have a velvet couch and two arm chairs.
    Julia Fairley hat Sara Graham gedankt
  • Irene Morresey
    vor 5 Jahren
    Love velvet, go for it, can't be worse than a lot of other fabrics out there, I'm sure it will be fine. Can you bring a velvet chair home on trial and see how it goes
    Julia Fairley hat Irene Morresey gedankt
  • PRO
    Julia Fairley
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren

Thanks everyone, especially @Gallifrey – I agree with George Costanza!

• how2girl
    vor 5 Jahren

Because there’s no graduation in colour generally in velvet fabric the darker colours would show dust/lint more obviously than lighter coloured velvet.

Julia Fairley hat how2girl gedankt
  • tksjbl
    vor 5 Jahren

I have dark rose coloured velvet seat covers on my dining chairs. They are 20 yrs old and we have had no problems, even with little ones spilling food or drink. They wipe clean easily. They were recovered from original antique fabric. I do run the vac over them from time to time.

Julia Fairley hat tksjbl gedankt
  • Deb Xuereb
    vor 5 Jahren
    Go for it. An occasional vacuum with a Dustbuster will do the trick. Life’s too short not to have what you want.
    Julia Fairley hat Deb Xuereb gedankt
  • PRO
    Nelson Interior Stylists
    vor 5 Jahren

As a property stylist i have both velvet and linens and velvet is easier to wipe clean that linen as the organic fibre in linen gets hairs and tiny fibres stuck on it.

Velvet can last for many years and brings a sense of luxury to any room

Julia Fairley hat Nelson Interior Stylists gedankt
  • KK1000
    vor 5 Jahren
    Go for it if you don’t have small children,
    Julia Fairley hat KK1000 gedankt
  • Jason K
    vor 5 Jahren

my wife's obsession with velvet over the past few years has taught me a thing or two - it catches wool but a roller usually does the trick. Just keep the dogs away. Cats aren't as easy to keep away lol

Julia Fairley hat Jason K gedankt
Gesponsert

Laden Sie die Seite neu, um diese Anzeige nicht mehr zu sehen

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.