Houzz Logo Print
juliernorris

Broad patio laying cost?

Julie Norris
vor 5 Jahren
zuletzt bearbeitet:vor 5 Jahren

Can someone please advise me how much I should be paying for someone to lay a patio and straight path across the back of my house, its to replace the current one. Its 40sq/m total. So we will need the current one removing and a new one laid.

Not including the slabs - as I have already sourced these. Is there a rough price per sq/m that anyone can advise?

Kommentare (7)

• embzop
    vor 5 Jahren

I had a patio built a couple of years ago and the quotes were very variable. I think alot depends on how much the company wants the work, how convenient your location is for them, how accessible the patio area is for moving things to and from the area etc.

For example, my patio of 12 m sq involved very little digging out, access was reasonably easy and the quotes came in at £1200, £1700 and £3000 (all included them supplying the slabs).

Therefore I'd suggest getting several traders round to quote so you know how much it would cost for the patio you want - the materials won't cost much, it's the labour time and disposal of spoil that bumps up the bill.

• Jonathan
    vor 5 Jahren
    Labour will cost between £75-£115 per square metre
    Julie Norris hat Jonathan gedankt
  • Patria C
    vor 5 Jahren
    I’ve very recently been quoted £2.8k to lay a 38sqm patio (slabs not included). I’m in the East Midlands area
    Julie Norris hat Patria C gedankt
  • Julie Norris
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren

Patria, thats about the same as us then, it just seemed like a lot when I can get a general builder to work for £130 a day, and it woud not take him 2 weeks (plus materials - not inc slabs) to lay it, the slabs are 600x600, and the area is straight lines/rectangular, so limited cuts. Am I missing something?!

• PRO
    Earth Designs Garden and Build London and Essex
    vor 5 Jahren

We usually suggest around £150 - £200 per sqm depending on what you are installing. It also depends on clearance of the space and drainage that might need installing as well

• Patria C
    vor 5 Jahren
    Hi Julie, I’m going for different size slabs. Also, my sqm is for a patio, a large step and 3 paths which has probably bumped the price up, as more cutting will be required.

I’m happy with my price - I did some research beforehand (google and various forums) and it came in almost bang-on what I expected. He was recommended by a couple of friends and has lots of examples of work on his website and Facebook page.

You could get it done cheaper with labourers, but I would only do that if you can get personal recommendations. I know someone who got a cheap company in to do their paving and it looks awful, with wonky slabs and broken steps.
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.