Houzz Logo Print
rehabear

Curious

Bunny Joy
vor 5 Jahren
I'm planning on painting my red brick prairie house a similar color and I'm wondering Why you chose to do white Windows vs. bronze color or black as so many other houses have. I like this look as well and I'm trying to decide on a bronze window frame or white like you have here. Also wether to go with a white or charcoal roof. Our out houses are Amish built tan with white Windows and charcoal metal roofs. One has a single panel down the middle of bronze stripe on it. This is my dilemma. I'd like to use cedar porch columns as we have a large covered porch. With cedar porch railing and maybe the pulled stainless wire look. Not sure what it's called. Any help on selection would be great!
Reinvented Farmhouse · Mehr Info

Kommentare (7)

• PRO
    MB architecture + design
    vor 5 Jahren
    Bunny Joy,
    While I do also love the look of a white farmhouse with black windows, with this particular design, we decided to match the windows with the siding colors (white with the house & red with the “barn”) because it was a softer, more cohesive look.
    Whether you decide to use black windows or white windows (I would not use bronze), a charcoal roof would look beautiful with either. I would not go with a white roof; The charcoal color is much more classic & too much white would be overwhelming. I do not usually match roof color with siding color unless the siding is in the brown or black color range.
  • Bunny Joy
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    Yes that's exactly what I was trying to figure out; what it was about it that I liked. "It is a softer more cohesive look". The colors fit in nicely with the surrounding landscape as well. Thank you for sharing your expertise.
  • Bunny Joy
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    One more question :) I just realized that there are no shutters on the house. I'm wondering about that because most houses do. What made you decide not too?
  • PRO
    MB architecture + design
    vor 5 Jahren

Unless the shutters are going to actually be used, I do not put them on houses. Few people up here open and close shutters.

• Bunny Joy
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    Oh I see. Thank you again for all your help!
  • Bunny Joy
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    Oh btw I ordered some James Hardie plank in Artic White. But it seems a bit whiter than what's in the picture. I know lighting is a factor but was there a name of the white paint color used?
  • PRO
    MB architecture + design
    vor 5 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 5 Jahren

Once installed, the painter did a final coat with Benjamin Moore paint to match Arctic White in an exterior soft gloss finish.

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.