Houzz Logo Print
joanna_yexley

Hotel design - shower or bath

Joanna yexley
vor 5 Jahren
zuletzt bearbeitet:vor 5 Jahren

Hi can you help we are completing a small boutique hotel and we are having a design dilemma on one of the rooms. it is a Junior suite with its own terrace and small pool and it is self contained. Its in mallorca and we are also going to host weddings. We thought it could be a great room for a bridal suite because its self contained and has a pool. The bathroom is large but constrained in size so we could either do a freestanding bath and a small separate shower or create a walk in double shower so two people can shower tighten. We have a created a story on Instagram at ten mallorca so friends can vote but wanted a wider audience. Any thoughts please people? or please have a look on instagram

Kommentare (9)

• PRO
    bubbles bathrooms and tiles
    vor 5 Jahren

If it has a pool already a nice big double shower might work really well and you could have a lovely feature on the back wall. Guests then have the option of a nice swim and a luxury shower afterwards.

• Anthony (Beano)
    vor 5 Jahren
    Yep, double shower every time, would never even think of naming a bath away from home, never mind somewhere hot!
  • PRO
    Clarisford
    vor 5 Jahren

Dear Joanna. There are a couple of ways of looking at this. It is always good to have a mix of rooms with baths and showers and just showers as you will always have guests that will request a bath so this needs to be considered. So you should make sure you are covered here. If you are planning on using this as the bridal suite I would suggest that you cover all bases and go for the bath, undoubtedly you may get a fussy bride who insists that there is a bath in the suite. A freestanding bath will also look great in your brochure pics. If you could manage something like the image below it would cover all bases!! We have done this in a couple of projects where space is an issue.

• Sonia
    vor 5 Jahren

I personally would prefer the shower. A bath, in Mallorca, whatever next!

• PRO
    OnePlan
    vor 5 Jahren
    As long as you can do something to keep the mozzies at bay ! Last time I was there I got bitten relentlessly!! Told the client I may have to charge them danger money next time !! ( yes I do site visits when the site warrants it ! Looking for a project in the Alps right now ?!!? )
  • PRO
    Opun
    vor 5 Jahren

Dear Joanna,

The majority of guests would probably prefer the larger shower option, especially when you consider the typical climate and how the room will potentially be used. if you will also be offering other rooms of a similar scale that have a bath then the wet room idea could definitely be a winner. If however all other rooms only offer showering options then you may want to include a bath here to add some variety and ensure you cater for all potential guests tastes. Either way it sounds like a really exciting project. Good luck.

Opun, your home improvement experts.

• kikiamack
    vor 5 Jahren
    How big is the bedroom? Some hotels have a freestanding bath in the bedroom, so this may be worth looking at.
    Ladbroke Grove, North Kensington, London · Mehr Info
  • kwg kwg
    vor 5 Jahren

Are those the actual designs of the bath and shower? If yes, the double shower looks more wow and gets my vote.

If there is a private small pool, you're unlikely to have a dip in the pool and then have another long dip in a bath? Well, I wouldn't anyway :-). I'd rather have a quick shower in a very spacious shower and then head off to do other things :-).

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.