Houzz Logo Print
philipclaydesignsltd

Kitchen Cabinet before and after

A before an after of an awkward alcove space that we fitted out with a bespoke cabinet, transforming the room and adding adding twice the amount of storage space. Its hand painted in Farrow and Ball 'Shaded White', a really clean and brightening light grey tone. We love the artwork prints the client has choose too!

You can see the whole kitchen at https://www.philipclay.com/portfolio-item/modern-country-kitchen/

Kommentare (9)

• PRO
    Nicky Percival Limited
    vor 5 Jahren

what a transformation - just a small thing though - why not make the cabinet go to the ceiling?

• PRO
    Philip Clay Kitchen Designs LTD
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren

Hi Nicky thanks for the comment, this was part of a bigger utility room and kitchen project. The height was to match through on both. For proportions and usability bespoke kitchens and utility rooms don't normally go to the ceiling.

• PRO
    bubbles bathrooms and tiles
    vor 5 Jahren

nice transformation

• PRO
    Contemporary Kitchens Brighton
    vor 5 Jahren

I agree with Nicky if we were making this it would be made to measure floor to ceiling

• Jonathan
    vor 5 Jahren
    I don’t agree. I think fitting cabinets to the ceiling can make the ceiling feel lower, feels like an American Aesthetic rather than a British one, means that you can’t read the proportions of the room as well and therefore can make the room seem smaller, it can highlight ceilings that are wonky and you loose opportunities for over cabinet lighting which can contribute more to the atmosphere of a kitchen than ceiling spotlights.
  • PRO
    Contemporary Kitchens Brighton
    vor 5 Jahren

I can see your point of view the it depends on the room your working with, the room in question was a alcove which in my opinion will look better at ceiling height

If you look at the kitchen we recently designed it has a mix

• PRO
    Hampstead Design Hub
    vor 5 Jahren

Hi there! Great simple decision made the room look organised and tidy.

• PRO
    OnePlan
    vor 5 Jahren
    Hope the pooch found a new cosy spot ?
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.