Houzz Logo Print
justine_kenny

wallpaper dilemma

Justine Kenny
vor 5 Jahren
Hi! I have a room that has been used by my son as a playroom but that I am about to repossess and turn it into my office. It will have a wooden upright piano in it and an oak desk and also quite low ceilings with beams. That said it’s quite a sunny bright room. I’ve bought some wallpaper which I love, although am not usually wallpaper person. I’m going to put it just on one wall but I can’t decide what colour to paint the others! Can’t decide whether to go for a mid pink sort of colour or a darkish green, or something else entirely! Suggestions gratefully received...x

Kommentare (28)

• J Hen
    vor 5 Jahren

I’m not an expert but from first glance I’d be looking to go with the background colour of the paper - the mid pink?

I think the green would be too much. Lovely paper though.

Good luck

• Tani H-S
    vor 5 Jahren
    Lovely wallpaper! I would go the palest of pinks to match the wallpaper but even lighter. Or a creamy warm light sand perhaps to mirror the gold geometrics
  • PRO
    May Interiors
    vor 5 Jahren
    I think with the darker furniture pieces and the beams I’d go light. Looking at the wall paper print the gold lines almost fade into a warm cream colour at the lower right corner. That would be perfect - maybe with a shimmer to I keep with the paper. I think that would keep the room bright, not draw from the wallpaper and still allow for the darker furniture with being over whelming.
  • rinked
    vor 5 Jahren

Depending on what flooring and the layout of the room, I'd say gold paint (doesn't need to be shiny), would be fun though. Maybe pink on the bottom half, a slath in the color of your other trim/baseboards, then gold on the upper half. Or the entire room pink bottom, thin gold slath, paper upper half. Again, all depends on the space and furniture.

Note: I have a similar pale pink on my lvingroom ceiling (walls offwhite).

• rinked
    vor 5 Jahren

A matching green bookcase or desk would be great!

• Juliet Docherty
    vor 5 Jahren

I wouldn't go for pink or green but the pale caramel colour. Sometimes called 'nude' it can look good with pink.

• rinked
    vor 5 Jahren

And what about the pale pink from the bird? Looks great with every shade of wood, gold, black, white, green, etc.

• laura_0
    vor 5 Jahren
    Such gorgeous wallpaper! Can I ask what it's called?
    I agree with the others and would go for a pale cream/pink to tie in with the background colour. Or maybe wallpaper the whole room?
  • Justine Kenny
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    Thank you all so much! I’m a bit torn. One of my friends also suggested a dark blue.. the paper is by Holden decor and it’s called Akello. They do it in a few different colours. :)
  • E D
    vor 5 Jahren

Can you share some photos of the room? That will help people to help you even better.

• A B
    vor 5 Jahren
    I would match the darkest green from the leaves. Could also go for a neutral though
  • rachelmidlands
    vor 5 Jahren
    Funky wallpaper! I’ve seen the darker version a few times on furniture and it looks really jazzy. Sticking with the Art Deco style I might go for a pale jade or mint green which I think would look lovely in a bright room (sort of Miami style). Some pics so you can see how the colours work together and included an image with olive green sofa just because I liked it (click pics to enlarge).
  • Justine Kenny
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    Adding a couple of photos of the room - excuse the mess!!
  • rachelmidlands
    vor 5 Jahren
    Wow that’s yellow! He he:) If you did decide on a pale minty blue or green then I might try to keep it quite pale and muted. Cromarty by F&B might be worth a tester. Although hard to say without seeing the colours in real life. If @forzaitalia sees this she might share some pics as she recently painted her lounge this colour and it’s lovely. Should go really well with the wallpaper I think.
  • E D
    vor 5 Jahren

Lovely music-themed room!

Will you keep the black ‘panelling’ (with the guitar necks)?

• Justine Kenny
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    Ha @rachelmidlands it is really yellow! Thanks if not seen Cromarty and it actually looks lovely. I shall invest in a tester...
  • Justine Kenny
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    The black panelling @E D is actually chalk paint and no it’s going!
  • rinked
    vor 5 Jahren

What size is the pattern in the paper?

• Sonia
    vor 5 Jahren

I think the soft pale pink as suggested by Rachelmidland and others would be fabulous with your gorgeous wallpaper. Here is a pic of Cromarty on my sitting room walls and I have teamed it with pinky red cushions and a red Persian rug. It’s such a lovely soft sage green. Pink and green look so good together, just look at nature!

• rinked
    vor 5 Jahren

• Justine Kenny
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    Omg @rinq how did you do this - it looks amazing!
  • Justine Kenny
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    @forzaitalia your room is gorg
  • rinked
    vor 5 Jahren

Gimp made me do it!

• E D
    vor 5 Jahren

Forza, stop showing off your bookcase!

:-D

Still looking good tho. :)

• Justine Kenny
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    This is really interesting @rinq thank you... I hadn’t thought of this sort of thing and I love the gold
  • AMB
    vor 5 Jahren
    I'm voting for pale green. It's restful for an office space and you can bring out the pink in accessories - I see you already have the chair ready and waiting!
  • Sonia
    vor 5 Jahren
    @ED I was just showing the Cromarty wall colour haha. Yes even I’m sick of my sitting room and bookcases.......:-)
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.