Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_33367883

Would it work to paint this chair navy and gold?

User
vor 5 Jahren

I have this chair in my bedroom which desperately needs a refresh. It needs a new seat pad cover which i wondered about doing in navy velvet and wondered about painting the chair in navy with gold in the detailing? Would it work or do you have any better suggestions??

Kommentare (13)

• PRO
    Christine Harrison Fine Art and Mosaics
    vor 5 Jahren

I think it would look wonderful - french navy is particularly good with gold. Perhaps echo the navy elsewhere in the room. Easy to use furniture paints are Annie Sloan - no prep needed! but you do have to wax the final coat to protect from scratches etc.

• User
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren

Ive just bought these cushions today for my bed... subject to change but i thought id grab them when i saw them as i loved them!

• Daisy England
    vor 5 Jahren

Gold and navy go well together. Classy.

• PRO
    Matchbox Interiors
    vor 5 Jahren
    LOVE this idea! Navy velvet would look fab with gold and you could add a small white cushion if you fancy it!
  • Sonia
    vor 5 Jahren

Navy and gold are a match made in heaven. I love the cushions, they would look really good my bed! :-D

• User
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    Forz... (cant spell the rest!!) The cushions are a bargain from Tesco !!
  • rinked
    vor 5 Jahren

Pick a blue fabric and then the same paint color, use a thin golden rope (thick yarn) to finish off the edges of the pillow.

(I'm not too keen on wooden items being painted gold, a bit too classical for me. To each his own.)

• PRO
    Carrie Cotton Design
    vor 5 Jahren

Great chair and navy is my favourite (and go to) colour... have you added gold detail to a paint project before? I'm asking because it can be a bit of a learning curve to get it in the right place/right amount...I wonder if you add the gold as piping to the velvet seat cushion instead (think that is what rinq is saying too) and then pick up gold in other areas of the room with mirrors and accessories? Add a floral cushion like the one pic from Gerty above and you have yourself one classy looking chair! Good luck...I love restyling furniture. So rewarding! xx

• User
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    No i havent added gold which was ome of the things that was worrying me in this project. Yes i may just do that then.
  • Diane Wilson
    vor 5 Jahren
    You could use a gold wax just to add a little sheen. Rust-Oleum do a nice one
  • Kazza None
    vor 5 Jahren
    Forza Italia was actually an Italian political party. I saw it recently and thought of you. I think it may also have something to do with football. :-)
  • Sonia
    vor 5 Jahren

@Kazza - of course they all stole the name from me lol! :-D

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.