Houzz Logo Print
susan1412

Window Dressing

susan1412
vor 5 Jahren
I moved into a new house 2 years ago,I had Roman blinds made for my Kit/din/living room which I now think was a mistake as we get direct sunlight all day long on some of the Windows.I'm thinking what would off white Venetian
Blinds look like if I hung them behind the Roman blinds have them down in the bright sunlight and pulled up when not so bright,can you advise.
Many Thanks
Sue

Kommentare (5)

• PRO
    Carrie Cotton Design
    vor 5 Jahren

Your room is beautiful! I love the roman shades...do they come all the way down? If so, you could just add light blocking material to the back of them. If not, a roller shade behind the roman shade would work too (and might be cheaper)...easy to get up and down...light blocking. They are customizable in many colors so you could find a complementing shade. Here's a link to a place to get some ideas and I have seen these on Wayfair as well (if you can find the right sizes). Good luck...really great room! xx

https://www.247blinds.co.uk/roller-blinds/feature/solar-protection/opacity/room-darkening#isPage=1

• KK1000
    vor 5 Jahren
    Just install sun shades/ roller blinds behind the Roman blind it works well and you can see outside during the day with sun shades down. I have them in the whole house. But it will cut out a bit of light coming in , since it’s to sunny it probably won’t matter.
  • KK1000
    vor 5 Jahren
    PS there are different colour sun shades but white one lets in more light and is nice to look at.
  • PRO
    User
    vor 5 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 5 Jahren

Your Roman Blinds are recessed fitted. Therefore, you would not have enough room to fit another roller blind behind them ( underneath the roman blind fittings ), unless you dropped the level of the roller blind. This would probably leave a gap visible from the outside of your house, which may not look very nice.

Alternatively:- You could put up sheer roller blinds and change the roman blinds for a non-recessed fitting, leaving you amble room behind them.

Or, put up voile roller blinds and have curtains.

Or, maybe just window film.

• PRO
    Brandler London
    vor 5 Jahren

There is a slimline venetian blind, which if I recall has a 15mm vane rather tha the standard 25mm. This might fit behind your roller blind, but i would question whether they would look good in your setting; maybe just using a sheer curtain behind is an option to consider as this would reduce the glare of the sun.

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.