Houzz Logo Print
webuser_247551961

Kitchen splash back idea

House Project
vor 5 Jahren

Open to ideas: We are currently doing our kitchen up and got to the final stages,

looking for something to cover the splashback wall in the kitchen that cover 3 walls + that is stylish, modern and cheap we are on a budget, the units below are ink blue, what can we do around the kitchen too, at the moment it is painted plaster, we can take the window ledge off and replace with good ideas.

please can you share some ideas with us

Kommentare (5)

• PRO
    Weave Interiors
    vor 4 Jahren
    Hi,
    It’s looking great. I like the light units on the walls with the dark units at the bottom. I take it you’re quite handy in the DIY sense? How about the classic white square tiles. They are very cost effective and not too tricky to put up.
    They could be laid in two different ways, (see my photos) although personally I think, as you have the pattern of the marble in the worktop, a classic grid would look best. You could use dark grout (which would tie in with the light and dark of the cupboards).
    Your windowsill could then be dark, to again pull in that contrast.
    Good luck with it,
    Rebecca
  • PRO
    Carrie Cotton Design
    vor 4 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 4 Jahren

I love your countertops and think you did a great job with this kitchen on a budget! Are you going for a bit of a statement...or maybe colour? Or hoping to stick to inky blue and white? The first image is a tile that would work with your colours and add a bit of a statement from here (https://www.ceramictilesupplies.co.uk/ceramic-tile-backsplash-ideas/). The second is an idea that would add a bit of warmth to your kitchen with wood effect tiles. And the third is a grayish colour to pick up a bit of grey from your countertop from here. (https://www.porcelainsuperstore.co.uk/opal-grey.html#). White tile is a good option too but I get really picky about matching my whites...I think it could be tough to find a white tile that works perfectly with the white in your countertops and the white cabinets. Conats on the great kitchen project and good luck! xx

• Halima Ashraff
    vor 4 Jahren
    You could go for a laminate splash back to match your Calcutta worktop.
  • Danielle H
    vor 4 Jahren

I have the same worktop!

I bought the matching upstand and painted the walls above. I then went over them with dead flat Polyvine decorators varnish. Even behind my hob any splashes wipe right off with no problem.

I think with the size of the kitchen keep it simple :)

• PRO
    Lifestyle Kitchens
    vor 4 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 4 Jahren

Agree with Danielle and i'd also suggest having the matching upstand all round the worktop.

Could also look at having a painted glass splashback made to size to go behind the hob and sit this on top of the upstand as its an electric hob and have it going just up to your extractor and made just wide enough to fit between the wall units. (use some mdf and make a template to make sure it fits).

• PRO
    AluSplash
    vor 4 Jahren

Hello! I must admit, I love the combination of the marble countertop with the black cabinets.

If you want to continue with a monochromatic look, I wanted to suggest our Splashback in Ice White.

Please take a look at our website: www.alusplash.com

AluSplash® is an aluminium-based kitchen splashback and interior wall panel, which is an ideal alternative to glass, acrylic and tiled splashbacks.

Offering a high gloss look-and-feel at a fraction of the cost, AluSplash is affordable, easy to install, clean and maintain. AluSplash is not only fire-resistant and safe to use behind all popular cooktops.

Available in a wide range of vibrant and earthy colours, AluSplash lends a sleek and contemporary look to any residential, commercial and retail space.

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.