Houzz Logo Print
ahhleena

Need chandelier for this kitchen island

Elina R
vor 4 Jahren

looking for any recommendations for island lighting/ chandelier and also backsplash suggestions.

Kommentare (12)

• PRO
    Mark Bischak, Architect
    vor 4 Jahren

One that goes with the style of the home . . . whatever that may be.

• salonva
    vor 4 Jahren

What are the dimensions of the island? It is hard to judge.

I recently had this fixture be suggested to me and don't know why or where I would use it but I even posted that I think it's gorgeous and ridiculously low cost. I think it might be too big for you but as I said, hard to judge scale. It comes in 4 and 6 light version.

hoping this links Simental Transitional 6 light

• PRO
    Virgil Carter Fine Art
    vor 4 Jahren

What is your ceiling height? From the photo your ceiling looks too low for a large decorative fixture over the island. Much better to use recessed fixtures for task lighting and preserve a sense of the existing spatial nature.

• Elina R
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 4 Jahren

ceiling height is 8 feet
    island dimensions are 56" x 38"

• D N
    vor 4 Jahren

@lulu bella, more than spam-like, it is outright spam.

I don't think that I've ever seen one of these posts actually and specifically address the OP's initial post. Unfortunate that this is allowed to continue and clutter up threads.

• PRO
    Virgil Carter Fine Art
    vor 4 Jahren

It is spam.

Flag it!

• lulu bella
    vor 4 Jahren

Sometimes they do answer the question but in this instance, going to flag it because its a straight out ad. At least be more creative.:)

• chocolatebunny123
    vor 4 Jahren

Do you have a kitchen table/eat in area? And if so, what kind of lighting will go above the table? I like it when the lighting in the kitchen and eating area coordinate. They don't have to be matchy, matchy though.

In your kitchen however, I think I would prefer just recessed lighting over the island and save your chandelier/larger light for over the table (assuming you have one).

• User
    vor 4 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 4 Jahren

I agree. The features of the kitchen are simple and plain rather than decorative, therefore, instead of a decorative hanging light, I would use two small recessed pinspots. I often use them even when there are hanging lights since the decorative lights don't light the work surface well.

The recessed lights you already have are not close enough to the counters to light them. Instead they throw a shadow on the counter. I would move them or at least provide under cabinet lighting.

• PRO
    Contempo Space
    vor 4 Jahren

We recommend trying LED strips to provide extra lighting options as well! Under lit really adds effective lighting and a bit more style.

• Momofthree Ma
    vor 4 Jahren

I would not do anything that hangs down. With the low ceilings it’s constantly going to be in your eyes. So, either something flushmount or two more pot lights centered over the island.

Gesponsert

Laden Sie die Seite neu, um diese Anzeige nicht mehr zu sehen

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.