Houzz Logo Print
mabelfoxdesign

Kitchen Diner French Door Curtains

Mabel Fox Design
vor 4 Jahren

As an Interior Designer, I find it easy to choose curtains for other people, but when it comes to my own home, there is much faffing! These beautiful doors are taller than average, at 2.4 metres high and have been curtainless since fitted 2 years ago!! I am off to look at fabric today but any suggestions most welcome!

Kommentare (11)

• cushioncover
    vor 4 Jahren

I agree, they are lovely. Do you want curtains for warmth, privacy, or to hide an unwelcome view?

• PRO
    Mabel Fox Design
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 4 Jahren

I agree, they are beautiful but, at night time it’s a lot of blackness and I want to create a bit of cosyness whilst sat at the dining table etc. My initial thoughts are plain linen, single curtains for each set of doors. What do you think?

• cushioncover
    vor 4 Jahren

Linen is beautiful but it does react to heat and moisture, so maybe a synthetic linen dupe fabric. Wave heading right across the full width of all three windows. Right window single panel pulls to the left away from possible kitchen splashes. Two living room panels pull to the centre so that each pillar has a stack of curtain.

• PRO
    Mabel Fox Design
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 4 Jahren

That’s what I was thinking, all pulling to the left as there is no room on the right in the kitchen area. It’s going to take rather a lot of fabric as you can see! But I love a beautiful fabric so getting the right one will bring me joy every day. Updates to follow!

• Daisy England
    vor 4 Jahren

I think something with a ditsy yellow in them would look nice to blend with the range.

• PRO
    Mabel Fox Design
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 4 Jahren

What a lovely idea, I will keep an eye out for something along those lines. Thank you Daisy

• Juliet Docherty
    vor 4 Jahren

Linen with an acid yellow trim would be lovely. Gorgeous kitchen.

• PRO
    Mabel Fox Design
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 4 Jahren

Ooo, another scrumptious idea, thank you colourhappy. I have to get this sorted out if only to stop our dog barking at hedgehogs etc that he can see in the back garden at night! This happened again last night so I am on a mission now!

• peggysue67
    vor 4 Jahren

We bought Ikea double curtain pole and 2 sets of their linen curtains - one a gauzy off white that lets the light through but gives privacy in the mornings and the other a solid colour for coziness at night.

• E D
    vor 4 Jahren

Great kitchen!

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.