Houzz Logo Print
bandrox

Embarrassing!

bandrox
vor 10 Jahren
Is anyone else struck by the sheer gluttony of this? I want a beautiful home, but... seriously - a ROOM for your SHOES?
The Modern Glam Project · Mehr Info

Kommentare (21)

• bandrox
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 10 Jahren
    Sadly, you must be right. Wow.
  • heidir999
    vor 10 Jahren
    Houzz is meant to be a place to dream. Even though we cant all live like this, or for those don't want to live like this, it's still super fun to look.
  • PRO
    GABRIELLE DEL CID LUXURY INTERIORS
    vor 10 Jahren
    Guys you don't have idea what kind of houses I design here in the UAE, even rooms for jewelry, impressive. But I love my job, and love to create this kind of things.
  • heidir999
    vor 10 Jahren
    I will never be able to afford such luxury, but I sure do enjoy looking at the photos!
  • PRO
    GABRIELLE DEL CID LUXURY INTERIORS
    vor 10 Jahren
    Yes heidir999, there are things that you just don't need. I enjoy designing them but even though I don't feel I need them. Best things in life aren't things! :)
  • parthenonqueen
    vor 10 Jahren
    Only things we need are water food and air...everything else is unnecessary. Nothing wrong with a person and their shoe room
  • bandrox
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 10 Jahren
    There lies the rub. I live in an area where children don't have enough food or a place to stay, so in my world, I couldn't stand myself if I bought a lot of non-essentials. Everyone is entitled to spend their money and life's work on what they deem important. I'm sorry I upset so many apple carts.
  • donutsprinkles
    vor 10 Jahren
    People have many priorities. Maybe I can't afford to own my own house, but I can treat myself to shoes. Interested in why someone offended by this would be on this site.
  • Marybeth Giovanucci
    vor 10 Jahren
    This is my dream!!!!! I could live in this room!!! Yes we all do not Need a room like this and u did not upset my apple cart in any way....does not make u a bad person whatsoever enjoy and merry Christmas! hope Santa doesn't bring shoes!
    bandrox hat Marybeth Giovanucci gedankt
  • bandrox
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 10 Jahren
    For me, living beautifully I compasses many things, and that includes my surroundings. I get many ideas that enrich my life, including houzz, Pinterest, as well as beautiful music, art, humor, news, etc... via the internet, and it's all free! Who can tell me how to take this off, so I can kill this!
  • hayleydaniels
    vor 10 Jahren
    I don't care if they have it assuming they can afford it. What bothers me is when people assume they deserve the very best whether they can afford it or not. Just watch shows like HGTV House Hunters and the like and listen to the snarky comments about how hideous a home is because it was renovated 10 years ago. The young couple who probably can barely afford the place will have to do tens of thousands of dollars of renovations before they can possibly raise a child there!!
  • pfred00
    vor 10 Jahren
    To each his/her own. I am sure you have some desire or characteristic that might not appeal to others. Let her have her shoes and access them so easily and beautifully.
  • bandrox
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 10 Jahren
    I do! You're all pointing it out, and thank you for that. Apparently excess is admirable to most, and my idea of moderation is both judgmental and offensive. I hit a nerve. I'm sorry. Is there NO way to take this off?
  • heidir999
    vor 10 Jahren
    Hi! I don't see any way to remove the comments, but you can switch off notifications about new comments at the bottom of the comments section. At least then you won't be notified every time there's a new comment. This thread has become quite heated :) Personally, I find it entertaining....I don't get offended easily.
  • Tyler Spruill
    vor 10 Jahren
    HahHa, I work 86-100 hours per week, and while I barely have time to enjoy the numerous rooms in my house, I don't feel bad about my luxury items one bit, I was not handed my position, I busted my tail and still 7 days per week, 12-15 hours per day, and in return I get to enjoy some of the beautiful things I see on this amazing/addicting application. Houzz is a website of fantasy, luxury and design, those not interested in such, should find find a different app, or if you do love the things you see, get back to work, save your money and splurge on yourself (your worth it)! Gorgeous work, Lisa Adams, while I'm not a woman and don't necessarily need this much shoe space, I would certainly love for you to come and redo my closet any day!! I want the woodwork to be so gorgeous and rare that it's practically illegal to have it, haha, bring it on!
  • crandallcarr
    vor 10 Jahren
    I have the room and the shoes. I need the shelves. I have more shoes than this actually.
  • cycurrta2003
    vor 10 Jahren
    Oh my gosh
  • Allison .
    vor 8 Jahren
    I always wanted to see Imelda Marcos' closet and here it is!
  • Ceci Moreno
    vor 7 Jahren
    Sounds like your jealous.
    Its a beautiful closet and thd owners should enjoy it!!
  • cycurrta2003
    vor 7 Jahren
    I just want a house that is not falling apart, it takes money.
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.