Houzz Logo Print
edcottrill

kids scandi / ski style bedroom colours

Ed
vor 3 Jahren

Hi all,

I’m in the process of trying to decorate my 7 year old sons bedroom. He’s a keen skier so wants a ski theme. I’ve found some wood effect wallpaper I really like but looking for colour ideas to go with it as he doesn’t like the one I picked. Any suggestions that would go well with the wallpaper and theme? I’ve attached picture of the furniture he has or we plan to get and a proposed layout. Current plan at the moment is to wallpaper the window wall and pain the other walls. We would take out the storage unit and chest of draws as he has a wardrobe by the door.

Thanks!

Kommentare (10)

• mii2
    vor 3 Jahren

Using my knowledge of 2 grown boys, bed in original position with sofa parallel under window opposite bed so good social space created for when friends are over. Huge cushions to be on floor or on sofa but big - ski design. Desk near radiator so you stay warm for working ( feet on radiator seemingly). Old skis or snowboard bought off eBay and screwed onto sloping ceiling areas- it’s all about the graphics and the make, not the size or condition. Alternatively shelving unit created by 3 snowboards fixed horizontal to wall with shelf support brackets. Bindings can be removed so actually useable! One large roman blind with made with ski themed print from spoon flower.com ( one roman blind they can cope with putting up and down in their busy lives - 2 would mean one is just for show). Very large dirty washing basket that is not a faff to use! That’s off the top of their heads....

• minnie101
    vor 3 Jahren

Novel idea, looks good!

To be honest scandi and skiing say white walls to me! I found this wall mural from photowall, perhaps to add more colour behind the bed and this bedding is by Fine Little Day and you could add a faux fur throw

I also love the idea of using skis as shelves, maybe some vintage wooden ones?

Would be great to see the after pics 🙂

• Anthony (Beano)
    vor 3 Jahren

Agree with @ed with the layout and @minnie101 with the white walls for Scandinavia feel, for wood I look at a something like a wooden bed and matching side table as pictured above.

try some ski associated prints on the wall and a nice scandi style rug in the floor too possibly

• Ed
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 3 Jahren

Thanks all, agree that white is probably most scandi but looking for a bit of colour so maybe a light neutral grey or beige, or off white. The ceilings will be white but white walls with an 7 year old boy maybe not the best idea. Rug a good idea and will get some ski related prints.

• Ed
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 3 Jahren

I do have some 4 or 5 old snowboards which I may try and do something with. Will have a think

• Anthony (Beano)
    vor 3 Jahren

I seen someone make shelves with old snowboards one, looked great!

crown or delux washable paint for white and as far as colour goes the right picked pictures will do that for you.

use a couple of boards as shelves and fix the others as wall art.

• Ed
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 3 Jahren

Well he doesn’t want blue either (never work with children?) but happy to wallpaper all walls in the wood effect wallpaper and leave the slopes ceilings white so think that’ll work with white furniture. Thanks all for you ideas, now just to find the time to do it!

• PRO
    OnePlan
    vor 3 Jahren

The last ski chalet I worked on was soooo full of pine we added elements of charcoal /black furniture which seamed the only colour strong enough to compete ?! I like your mood board ! And the ‘not too strong’ wood element.

• PRO
    Kids Rule Interiors
    vor 3 Jahren

Hi Ed,

I think making shelves from skis and using some on the sloping ceiling as decor is great. I'd keep to the scan vibe with wooden furniture, a lovely pale soft rug, functional tactile lighting and mainly white walls - I'd be a bit crazy and add a navy/burnt orange/grey splash of colour to give a bit of a retro ski feel to the room - look at retro ski prints and these colours often come up - think vintage Le Creuset fondue pot! you could use the colours in geometric ways to accent features and areas of the room - keep the burnt orange as the smallest colour as its not that conducive to sleep or concentration so just a pop of it - tie in the colour with some soft furnishings and begging and boom - vintage scandi ski room! I'd love to see what you actually do! oh and think about putting the wood effect wallpaper on the slopping ceiling.....

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.