Houzz Logo Print
minaco

Fence color

minaco
vor 3 Jahren
Not sure if this is the same fence as previous picture. It has deeper shade. Is this redwood stained or just has protective seal? How can I get this rich look? Brand and color you use please.
Thank you so much.
Contemporary Fence on the Mesa · Mehr Info

Kommentare (4)

• PRO
    EcoLawn SB
    vor 3 Jahren

Hello,

This is the same fence as the previous picture, the lighting in the picture is changing the coloring a bit.

This redwood is sealed. To get a similar look, it depends on the redwood available and if you're looking to get a dark/warmer color instead of typical reddish brown that redwood has, you can use tinted sealer instead of staining the wood. There wasn't a specific brand/color used for this project.

minaco hat EcoLawn SB gedankt
  • minaco
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 3 Jahren

Thank you so much for responding back. Is it oil base sealer or water base? I'll look into tinted sealer since I like the look of redwood but just need the deeper darker and warmer look. Really appreciate it.

• PRO
    EcoLawn SB
    vor 3 Jahren

We are not 100% sure if it was water or oil based sealant for this particular project but we think it was an oil based sealant. Oil and water based sealers have their pros and cons, and It just depends on your preference for the project. Typically oil based sealants are used for softer woods like redwood, pine, and cedar, since water based sealers can create blotchy coloring due to the woods absorbency and quick drying time for the sealant.

minaco hat EcoLawn SB gedankt
  • minaco
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 3 Jahren

Thank you so much for sharing your expertise. Very much appreciate it. We got our horizontal redwood fence build similar to your project. But having a hard time figuring what to do to get the contemporary look of a redwood fence like yours and the house below. Doing research I was happy to find your project and it's very similar to what I'm trying to achieve. I really appreciate yr help. I'll do further research to find out exactly what I need to get that modern look. Have a great weekend.

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.