Houzz Logo Print
suzi613

Family room 12x22! Need help in seating and room layout.

suzi613
vor 2 Jahren
zuletzt bearbeitet:vor 2 Jahren

Im trying to design my basement tv room, which we use a lot during the winter. there are no windows. the room is 12’ wide 22’ long. We have a 70” tv that we currently have on the long wall with 2 sofas on the opposite long wall, but the tv and sofas seem too close together with that layout. we have also put the tv on the short wall with a sofa on each long wall , but miss facing the tv. I’m hoping somone has an idea for a good layout to watch tv and seat my family of five! there are two 22’ walls and one 12’ wall in the room, the 4th wall is a double door entry that takes up much of the wall.

Kommentare (10)

• PRO
    Wendling Designs
    vor 2 Jahren

For a 70 inch tv the couches should be 6 -9 feet away. You might want to try placing the tv on an angle in one of the corners with the 2 couches placed on an angle also, so that they face the tv. Depending on the length of the couches, I think they should fit allowing for room to walk around them.

suzi613 hat Wendling Designs gedankt
  • shirlpp
    vor 2 Jahren

post pics.

suzi613 hat shirlpp gedankt
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    vor 2 Jahren

This was our media room in our old house pretty cose to the same dimensions and TV size

suzi613 hat Patricia Colwell Consulting gedankt
  • suzi613
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 2 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 2 Jahren

Here is a photo of the room currently. We’ve also had the tv on the wall where the map is with the 2 sofas on the long walls but we want to be facing the tv (since its the reason were down there) Im up for purchasing

furniture and would love suggestions! Sectional? sofa/love seat??

• decoenthusiaste
    vor 2 Jahren

I would put TV where the map is and get four swivel chairs and a sofa to put in a "U" like this. You can scale down the size of the seating so it doesn't feel crowded in your more narrow room.

Kiawah Family Home · Mehr Info

suzi613 hat decoenthusiaste gedankt
  • chestnut3
    letztes Jahr

Suzi613 just wondering what you ended up doing? We have nearly the same layout and size room and I’m trying to decide what to do.

• Sue Stewart
    letztes Jahr

Have you considered trading places of the tv and map? You could then have one sofa facing it directly so the back faces out. This gives an opportunity to put a nice sofa table behind it. The other sofa could go flat against the wall under the pictures. This would create an L shape for seating which is great for both tv watching and conversation. Good luck:)

• felizlady
    letztes Jahr

One long sofa and two comfortable upholstered chairs should work for five people. I like Sue’s idea as well.

• shirlpp
    letztes Jahr

This post is from last year and @decoenthusiaste suggested to switch the tv and map.

Gesponsert

Laden Sie die Seite neu, um diese Anzeige nicht mehr zu sehen

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.