Houzz Logo Print
arpu2003

COST and DESIGN

Arpan Shah
vor 2 Jahren
Moved into new construction home and egress window is right in front of patio door exit. What can be a safer, cost-effective solution? Build a deck or hardscape stamped concrete patio?
Natural Stone Paver Patio Project, Chester County, PA · Mehr Info

Kommentare (2)

• PRO
    Organized by Design
    vor 2 Jahren

That is a good question. I have never come across a situation with the egress window under the patio door exit. It definitely presents a challenge that would require further investigation. I would check with your township, borough, or any other governing agency in regards to building codes and any stipulations for the access to the egress window, as well as any exterior improvements off of your patio door as you may need permits to make any exterior changes that provide for the safe use of both the patio door and egress window. You would want to make sure you're within the recommended guidelines for such. If you have an HOA I would also check with them as you may also need their approval prior to any exterior changes to your home. Once you get all of the information regarding what is allowable and what is not, you can proceed with a good plan. Good Luck!

• Arpan Shah
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 2 Jahren

Thank you for your response. This sounds like an uphill battle!!

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.