Houzz Logo Print
sproatbr

vaulted ceilings

Brandon
vor 2 Jahren

Love the update. did the house have vaulted interior ceilings before the dormer was added?

Prairie Village Rebuild · Mehr Info

Kommentare (3)

• PRO
    Owen Homes LLC
    vor 2 Jahren

Thanks Brandon! No the house did not have vaulted ceilings! When you walked in you could take 4-5 steps up to another level, but it was all flat 8' ceilings. Here's the before photo of the exterior - big difference!

Brandon hat Owen Homes LLC gedankt
  • Brandon
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 2 Jahren

Wow! Ok I'm taking this to my contractor and demanding this vaulting in our remodel lol. It must have been some pretty complicated engineering?

• PRO
    Owen Homes LLC
    vor 2 Jahren

I hope that is possible for you! Having some variance in ceiling height like vaulting or switching from 9' to 11' ceilings is a great way to define spaces while leaving the floorplan open. For this home, we actually gutted quite a bit to transform it. We were able to leave most exterior walls, some of the interior lower level and a few of the interior main level walls, but completely removed the roof to do so, which gave us a lot of flexibility to create that vault. So the blueprints and engineering definitely took some time and detail to make this happen!

Brandon hat Owen Homes LLC gedankt
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.