Houzz Logo Print
jktierney

Awkward Office Wall Bump Out

jktierney
Vor 10 Monaten

Hi there!

I have a weird bump out in a main wall in my office and I have no idea what to do about it! I'm toying with the idea of putting built-in shelving over it to disguise the change in depth? Do I just put some kind of credenza there and ignore it? Do I go crazy and frame out new drywall to make it the same depth?

Would LOVE ideas!! Thank you in advance!

(Including a few pics of the empty room and one of my temporary set up!)

Kommentare (11)

• Maureen
    Vor 10 Monaten
    Zuletzt geändert: Vor 10 Monaten

Really really depends on your needs and consider how to join the two areas for a cohesive/balanced focal wall.

• jktierney
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    Vor 10 Monaten

Excuse the rough drawing!

Bump is 4.5”; room is roughly 136.5” x 128.5”

Yes, ideally I want some closed storage for a printer, important printed docs, misc office supplies. Open shelves or large artwork would be great as I’m on zooms all day and need a decent background. Huge plus if I can sneak in an accent chair!

• auntthelma
    Vor 10 Monaten

It wouldn’t bother me a bit.

• la_la Girl
    Vor 10 Monaten

If I could I would find a credenza that fit snugly in the space and then would place a big piece of something above it (Anthropologie tapestries are neat and a total steal for the size)

• User
    Vor 10 Monaten

I just want to know what’s behind the wall??? Is the room on the other side like this? Or did someone frame a wall around treasure? Or a dead body?

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    Vor 10 Monaten

You can assemble long credenzas from modular pieces like IKEA etc.

• jktierney
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    Vor 10 Monaten

@User i watch too much true crime, now i’m thinking about the person thats behind this wall!!! haha!

the room one th other side of this is normal, so NO idea why this one is framed like that.

if i didnt just take down two layers of wallpaper, do a skim coat, and paint i would put a hole in it and solve this mystery!

• Kay p
    Vor 10 Monaten

Love Beverly F idea. I couldn’t think of anything better then this.

• kazzh
    Vor 10 Monaten

A credenza would provide document storage and resolve the printer issue. Look around for one that has closed and open shelving, or maybe sliding doors. A second hand mid century style could be drilled through for cords if needed.

• PRO
    Angelica Angeli ❤ Interior Design Journalist
    Vor 9 Monaten

It looks like you can do a lot with that space. Perhaps wallpaper or an accent wall? A large piece of artwork? You could even drywall it up and make no bump out!

Posh Home Remodel · Mehr Info

Fabulous Farmhouse Estate · Mehr Info

Atomic Ranch MCM Main House · Mehr Info

Designer Showhouse 2020 · Mehr Info

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.