Houzz Logo Print
hburdekin15

Ground floor layout advice please

hburdekin15
Vor 5 Monaten

Hello,

We have recently moved into our new house. The ground floor layout is not ideal. No flow, limited light and a corridor down to the kitchen.

Our idea is to try and move the staircase to be more central in the hallway to allow for a door to connect through to the back of the house where we will have an open plan, kitchen/dining/living space with a utility just off the kitchen.

Has anyone any other thoughts or a better way of doing this? Any ideas greatly appreciated.

I have attached the existing floor plan and a very rough sketch of what we have in mind.

Many thanks,

Hannah

Kommentare (4)

• Jonathan
    Vor 5 Monaten

I think posters would need to consider the upstairs plan.

• Dee
    Vor 5 Monaten

I like your plan but maybe instead of centralising your stairs in the hallway maybe place them to the left corner as you enter the hallway and place a downstairs loo underneath. Leaving a clear double entrance into the open plan living space.

• Jonathan
    Vor 5 Monaten

Bump

• PRO
    ig. design & interiors
    Vor 5 Monaten

Hi Hannah, as Dee mentioned above, if you shift the staircase over to the left or right, you will be able to have a double door opening into you beautiful new KLD (Kitchen, Lounge Dinner) which will be a lot more impactfull than having the two seperate doors. However, as I am sure that you are aware, whatever you do with the stairs downstairs will have a large impact on the layout upstairs. Wishing you the best of luck and should you want any help please get in touch.

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.