Houzz Logo Print
webuser_413984060

Is this a cowboy radiator install?

DIY User
Vor 4 Monaten

It cost £450 and I’m not happy with the work at all. They were supposed to take a feed off a bathroom radiator upstairs, drill through under the stairs ceiling, through the kitchen wall and out to the outhouse. The logical thing to do was take the feed and follow the wall, except the feed comes down at least 2 feet away from the wall just for that feed to go back to the wall under the stairs. Copper piping was promised throughout however at the end of the job he said he couldn’t do that under the stairs and ‘installed’ cheap, ugly, flimsy, poorly measured and ill braced piping where if someone has a fall or drops something it’s probably all going to get ripped out. I’ve never seen this diagonal piping before either, is there anything wrong with this? It’s obviously more short cuts though. Two of the copper pipes hang out of the wall in mid air for 8” then does a right angle for another 11” before the pipe is secured to the wall, and the next 2 wall/pipe brackets wont even close and are twisted, so no chance of putting on pipe covering. He’s also made a mess of some boarding where he’s mis-drilled several times. Should I be taking action against this? Please see the pictures below. Thanks.

Kommentare (9)

• DIY User
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    Vor 4 Monaten

The second picture was a animated GIF showing how flimsy the plastic piping is but it doesn't seem to be playing on this website

• DIY User
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    Vor 4 Monaten

Hi Sarah, I have no idea why he has used plastic piping under the stairs, he just did it without asking. The install is a complete eye soar though that is seperate to the materials used. The guy couldn't even install brackets properly to house the pipes :/

• DIY User
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    Vor 3 Monaten

If you like the standard of work here or wish to hire a cowboy for your childs party they are always available here: Jack Brown's Plumbing and Heating 07876 656 663

• Isla Cherry
    Vor 3 Monaten

It really looks awful. It is an amateur job. Get him back and point out how hideous it looks. Plastic piping is meant to be used for concealed fittings not as a feature. I hope you haven't paid him all the money already?

• Daza
    Vor 3 Monaten

That can't have been done by a proper plumber. Terrible pipework, terrible soldering.

• Isla Cherry
    Vor 3 Monaten

It makes my blood boil when people think that job is acceptable by any standard.

• PRO
    Black and Milk | Interior Design | London
    Vor 3 Monaten

I agree with the comments; the workmanship is not great, but it's all down to the cost. If this work has been priced under the market rate, it's unreasonable to expect low quality. For example, in central London, a good plumber will cost c700 pounds plus materials and VAT.

• DIY User
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    Vor 3 Monaten

Thanks for the replies everyone, so I'm not going mad. It cost £450 up north so not London prices, I was quoted for less a few times so I expected a proper job, even the notorious social housing associations do a much better job. I was fooled by a 99% positive feedback rate by over a hundred users. The 1% were 2 jobs by extremely unhappy people who were left with leaks after 'work' but because it's a few weeks later "it's nothing to do with me". The rest of the positive feedback were for really simple jobs like fixing a leaky tap or ripping a radiator out, almost anyone can do that. Not looking online anymore, word of mouth only by people you can trust! Avoid Jack Brown's Plumbing and Heating from Burnley 07876 656 663. Thank me later.

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.