Houzz Logo Print
dalibruin

Redwood Question

Dali
Vor 2 Monaten

Did you seal or apply any type of finish to the redwood?

Private Redwood Deck · Mehr Info

Kommentare (4)

• PRO
    Gary Marsh Design
    Vor 2 Monaten

Yes, however this project is 25 years ago and unfortunately that sealer is no longer available.

• Dali
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    Vor 2 Monaten

Thanks for your response! Is there another sealer or oil you would recommend on redwood today? Would you ever leave redwood unfinished for a pergola/deck in socal?

• PRO
    Gary Marsh Design
    Vor 2 Monaten

I would always recommend a sealer unless you are looking for a naturally patinaed surface that grays out over time.

That being said, the difficulty with sealers is that over the years they build up, potentially becoming opaque, and will require sanding and starting over again.

I would recommend reaching out to the local professionals for product recommendations for I am focused on design only these days, and not construction.

... best to you .

• Dali
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    Vor 2 Monaten

Great. Thanks again! I appreciate your response.

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.