Houzz Logo Print
luvromantic

Help the decision part of my brain hurts, which rug?

Luv Romantic
vor 10 Jahren
zuletzt bearbeitet:vor 10 Jahren
Posted this design dilemma and received a lot of pros and cons for both rugs and I saw both sides now I am putting it to a vote and the most votes will be my decision.

Thanks for your vote. :-)
Blue Trellis
Blue Funky

Kommentare (194)

• bobbiem
    vor 10 Jahren
    Pardon the misspelling, pollmer!!
  • Emily H
    vor 10 Jahren
    I can't believe how close this vote is!
  • PRO
    Veronica Lawrence Interiors
    vor 10 Jahren
    By the way - the rug size is a bit small, you should have your rug anchor the seating by having the front legs of the sofa and chairs on the rug. The size you're showing - people will get their feet hooked under the rug. Look at an 8' x 10'
  • montereygirl
    vor 10 Jahren
    I like the funky rug. HOWEVER, IMO the fur rug has got to go. To me it looks very awkward and out of place in front of the blue chair. Let us see the final results. JH
    Luv Romantic hat montereygirl gedankt
  • suzi05
    vor 10 Jahren
    Most definitely the color flavor rug
    Luv Romantic hat suzi05 gedankt
  • greatroomgirl
    vor 10 Jahren
    Funky one, no question!
    Luv Romantic hat greatroomgirl gedankt
  • nananay84
    vor 10 Jahren
    Definitely funky! I "get" your style and it's got to be funky. Sorry, but the trellis is boring in that room. Anyone can do traditional trellis...but you can pull off the pizazz of the funky one! Go for it!
    Luv Romantic hat nananay84 gedankt
  • agathamae
    vor 10 Jahren
    Hi Luv- just checked to see which rug is winning today & cannot believe it is 816/816.
    Luv Romantic hat agathamae gedankt
  • agathamae
    vor 10 Jahren
    This is like watching a horse race in slow mo
    Luv Romantic hat agathamae gedankt
  • Luv Romantic
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 10 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 10 Jahren
    @Everyone thanks to all of you who voted for the rugs in question.

I cannot believe it continues to be so close! I think what this showed me is that there is no clear choice even among the masses. :-)

I have to say I am very happy and satisfied with my home as is. I was just looking for help in choosing the rug as I have been going back and forth on this for some time. So I have appreciated reading all of the pros and cons.

Although I prefer the Funky rug in my Living area, what I decided for now is to use the Trellis rug in the living room and the Funky one in my dining area because it is wool and holds up better to spills.

As soon as I can find an indoor/outdoor rug for the dining area that compliments the color of the living room, I will be switching to the Funky one in the living room.

Sigh....as for all other advice thanks, but I love my sheepskin and pillows and Gold chairs and well everything else as is.

Will I ever change things up some times? Maybe...ok probably because that just what I do. ;-) But it will only be if I find something I love even more. Not because someone told me to get rid of it, what's that about? :-O

While I looooove interior design, my home will never be a show place. My basic goal is to make it comfy, cheerful, colorful, functional, and inviting for first my family and then my friends. :)

So thanks to all of you who answered the question at hand and thanks to the rest who gave me advice in a mannerly way.

This has been fun and informative and I have appreciated the process. Now I know where to go for help when I have my bouts of indecision! :-)
  • Suzanna Sebesteny
    vor 10 Jahren
    Whew, I'm so glad you've made your decision. It was pretty close, wasn't it? And exciting for those that have been following. I think you've make the right choice (if there every is a right choice :-) ) Enjoy your space, it's YOURS and I personally think it's perfection. When you live in a space you want it to appeal to you, not anyone else. Mind you it's always nice to get compliments.... and you sure have gotten a lot of them. Anyone that doesn't like it have their taste strictly in their mouth. Enjoy and good luck to you in the future.
    Luv Romantic hat Suzanna Sebesteny gedankt
  • comrades
    vor 10 Jahren
    Hate the size of either. You need a very large area rug. I found one at home goods in Dallas for 99 dollars. What a store!
  • Luv Romantic
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 10 Jahren
    @Suzanna Sebesteny, I know right, I thought for sure one would be the clear winner. Oh well, all's well and thanks for your positive support! :-)
  • bumblebee728
    vor 10 Jahren
    Over and out luv. Btw, I was surprised how i loved the white rug. It's how you used it in an unexpected way with the placement that won me over!
    Luv Romantic hat bumblebee728 gedankt
  • bevballew
    vor 10 Jahren
    Both worked in the room. If is the personal taste. The trellis tames the room down and gives a more calming effect; the funky one looks good and creates a different feeling...funky...as all said.
    Luv Romantic hat bevballew gedankt
  • Luv Romantic
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 10 Jahren
    Thanks Bumblebee! :-)
  • Amy Cali
    vor 10 Jahren
    Great choice!
    Enjoy :)
    Luv Romantic hat Amy Cali gedankt
  • woolylam
    vor 10 Jahren
    I had so much fun with this and reading the comments that I decided to post a question about the color of my kitchen cabinets on here. Glad you made a choice, honestly I think both are fine. I personally would paint the walls a color (but that is me and my hate for white walls) :) But I like the sheepskin rug too and thought that would feel really comfy under your toes. I know not everyone would like my color schemes, but I believe you need to do what makes you happy! Especially if you are living in the place for a long time. Glad you made a choice and sounds like it makes you happy! :)
    Luv Romantic hat woolylam gedankt
  • Luv Romantic
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 10 Jahren
    @woolylam, off to check out your dilemma now! :-)
  • Chuck Sink
    vor 10 Jahren
    Wow, what a close vote!
  • hopesilver
    vor 10 Jahren
    you have so many comments on this simple decision!!! And how interesting that the votes are so close, which I am not surprised by. The design world can be split into many sub categories of types, and here there is the difference between the type who likes clean, un cluttered looks, to those who find that more can bring a look together. However, when looking at the room as a whole picture, as if it were painting, the rug with more colors pulls out all the other colors in the room and calms it down, while the supposedly calmer, simpler one color rug makes the rest of the room look chaotic and it lies on the floor looking boring, and conservative and out of place and not bringing the room together. There are two types of tastes regarding too much, and less is more, etc., especially today. It is really important to make sure these votes and comments are not directed only at the rug, but at the room itself. I hope my vote wins!
    Luv Romantic hat hopesilver gedankt
  • anne dee
    vor 10 Jahren
    I think it's time to close this thread.
    Poster has plenty to consider.
    Luv Romantic hat anne dee gedankt
  • PRO
    AB Interior & Designing
    vor 10 Jahren
    Go for Blue Funky. The Trellis looks flat.
    Luv Romantic hat AB Interior & Designing gedankt
  • susy1717
    vor 10 Jahren
    Please help me to pick a color on my back wall of my bed. My walls are baby blue. This is my new bed set. please hep
  • Luv Romantic
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 10 Jahren
    I commented on your thread. :)
  • mamoruth
    vor 10 Jahren
    Trellis... And maybe a foot bigger..:)
    Luv Romantic hat mamoruth gedankt
  • bevballew
    vor 10 Jahren
    I think either a soft yellow or a taupe.
  • Donna Debrodt
    vor 10 Jahren
    Not going to vote, because whatever you love most will be right.

I love this room...it's so personal and fun. Great job!
    Luv Romantic hat Donna Debrodt gedankt
  • housegal200
    vor 10 Jahren
    Blue trellis, but if you're having to return one, return both and go a size up. They're too small. Having said that, the funky rug may be way too busy in a bigger size.
    Luv Romantic hat housegal200 gedankt
  • housegal200
    vor 10 Jahren
    Me again. My rationale for the blue trellis is that it reflects the blue and white of your dramatic, amazing painting. IMO, the busier rug distracts from the painting.
    Luv Romantic hat housegal200 gedankt
  • Barbie
    vor 10 Jahren
    I LOVE your room. It is not my taste BUT that is the beauty in it. I could cozy up in your room and enjoy it all day, even though it's bright and funky it also tells a story. You have good taste. :-)
    Luv Romantic hat Barbie gedankt
  • PRO
    Mina Brinkey
    vor 10 Jahren
    I like the blue trellis. It makes the room look "cleaner" and not so busy as with the other area rug. I also think the rug is too small for the space. Could you get the same rug in a larger size?? I love that sofa, by the way! : )
    Luv Romantic hat Mina Brinkey gedankt
  • Peggy Modglin
    vor 10 Jahren
    Love the funky! Glad to hear that eventually it will make it back to your living room!
    Luv Romantic hat Peggy Modglin gedankt
  • luluchin
    vor 10 Jahren
    I like the blue trellis. If it was bigger that would be even better. If you painted the wooden legs/arms of everything black or perhaps white I would even go with no area rug but toss down the sheepskin (kind of luxe). NOT SOLICITED ADVICE BUT CONTINUE ON IF YOU ARE CURIOUS: You have a lot of colors going on right now. I think you will get a calmer room with a stronger design if you narrow it down to just 2 or 3 colors - one of which is your mushroomy grey white of the couch and carpet. So the blue trellis rug emphasizes the blue statement and makes the yellow pops seem more like pops than something it's competing with. If you can ditch the green chair or recover it with the yellow blue or mushroomy color, then you would have an even stronger design. I like your last supper painting but I feel like it would be much stronger in a different place. You have a bold black swath on that wall and it's beautiful. Stay with it. Either take all the small pictures off OR just balance the two of them next to the big one to the right of it. It looks as though it is a personal statement of faith and therefore central and very important to you, but I think all of those little statements could be put throughout the house and have equal impact. I think the repetition actually takes away from the power of the statement. At any rate - lovely, comfy and welcoming room!
    Luv Romantic hat luluchin gedankt
  • Luv Romantic
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 9 Jahren
    To any who remember(or care) ;-) over a year ago I started this poll. And it literally took me a year to find the perfect rug for my living area and thought I would share it. :-)
  • PRO
    Interior Affairs -- Vickie Daeley
    vor 9 Jahren
    Blue Funky, the colors match the other pieces in your room
  • PRO
    Thompson Building Materials & Design Showroom
    vor 9 Jahren
    I love the texture and vibrant colors of "Blue Funky", it will allow you to mix up fabrics and through pillows in the future.
  • PRO
    River Valley Cabinet Works
    vor 9 Jahren
    I like the trellis better, but voted funky because it looks better with your accessories.
  • PRO
    FurreverYours
    vor 9 Jahren
    Personally I like the blue trellis but the blue funky goes with the look and feel of your room. #BeSEENBeSAFE
  • Darzy
    vor 9 Jahren
    @LuvRomantic. I care. :) And, I think you found the perfect rug. Yipppeeee!
  • Luv Romantic
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 9 Jahren
    Thanks, but I was trying to show the new rug I finally went with. The funky rug went in my dining room. This was the one (after a year) I finally found. (This post is over a year ago)
  • Luv Romantic
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 9 Jahren
    Thanks Darzy!
  • Darzy
    vor 9 Jahren
    Yes, I knew this one above was the new found perfect one. I liked the funky rug too so I'm glad you found a place for it.
  • sondramartina
    vor 9 Jahren
    Oh I love it!
    The only problem is that some people don't read and they will reply to t your original dilemma .
  • Luv Romantic
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 9 Jahren
    Oh Darzy that was not directed at you. There were five new comments before yours.

Sondramartina I had not thought of that until I saw the comments. :-)
  • groveraxle
    vor 9 Jahren
    I like the new rug too, even though I voted blue trellis a year ago. Congrats on finding the perfect piece. Double congrats on having the patience to keep looking!
  • Luv Romantic
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 9 Jahren
    Thanks groveraxle. It was a march and a journey. ;-)

I purchased at least two rugs that I lived with for a minute one I had to finally give away(it was mail ordered and I did not want the hassle of returning it) the other is rolled up in my dining area till I figure out what to do with it.

Sigh, but alas I am finally satisfied. :-)
  • Nancy Walton
    vor 9 Jahren
    Looks good, Luv! Kind of a combinationbetween the two...
  • PRO
    Barnhart Gallery
    vor 9 Jahren
    Luv it Romantic! It suits your individual style to perfection.
  • Luv Romantic
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 9 Jahren
    Thanks Nancy Walton and Barnhart Gallery!
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.