Houzz Logo Print
gdhaliwal

Master bedroom - curtains and wallpaper

Jeet Jeet
vor 10 Jahren
We just bought dark grey colour headboard and existing wallpaper is red. I don't think red wallpaper goes with this grey headboard.

Can you please suggest what colour wallpaper will look nice.
We want to have modern look.

Also what colour curtains will look good. Offwhite ?

Thanks,
Reena

Kommentare (16)

• Chem K
    vor 10 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 10 Jahren
    You can dress the bed up in beautiful black and white linens or go bold with reds and muted golds. Some ideas:
    Spade Bedding Collection Option B · Mehr Info

Ashley Grey Duvet Set · Mehr Info

Hang curtains higher and wider to suggest wider windows. Matching ideas:
    Curtains · Mehr Info

Grommet Curtains - Festive · Mehr Info
  • PRO
    Charmean Neithart Interiors
    vor 10 Jahren
    I love grey and lavender together. Take a look...
    Entry · Mehr Info

A lavender wall or wallpaper would be so calming in a bedroom.
  • Nawal Atiq
    vor 10 Jahren
    hello. where did you get the lamp shade from please?
  • Geneviève
    vor 10 Jahren
    Here is one to begin with
    Tia Geometric Wallpaper, Black, Double Roll · Mehr Info

Solid Silk Taffeta in Wine · Mehr Info
    [houzz=
    Optical by Cole & Son · Mehr Info
    ]
    Yellow Fine-Woven Linen Custom Drapery Single Panel · Mehr Info
  • Jeet Jeet
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 10 Jahren
    Chandler is from Costco for $70 I guess.
    I like the first wall paper.

Now I guess we should repeat our main colors
  • User
    vor 10 Jahren
    The red works with your headboard. I'd keep it unless it really bothers you.
  • cinderellaslipper
    vor 10 Jahren
    Why not lighten the mood with Sanderson's Dandelion wallpaper, which is a fifties inspired abstract floral and go for a lemon, teal and grey geometric pattern for your curtain fabric..
  • PRO
    Ethos Design+Build | Remodel
    vor 10 Jahren
    There is too much vagueness in your request. Everyone will have significantly differing tastes & interpretations of 'modern'. Do you want industrial modern, chic modern, bohemian modern, urban modern, the latest trends in modern..... etc Each of these variations on modern can go in so many different directions. There are already several great details to work with in this room you just need to pull it together in a direction that compliments your style & taste & more information is needed to help you pull it together into any solid direction. The red & grey go fabulously together but if you don't like the red it will always bother you. The grey & yellow combo is very popular right now & likely be more relaxing in a bedroom, but red is more passionate (known for getting your heart rate up). Lavender & grey are nice but leans feminine, dominating the bedroom in a feminine tone would depend on your relationship & what kind of balance you seek in the bedroom... A lot goes in to great design.... What's your style?
    Jeet Jeet hat Ethos Design+Build | Remodel gedankt
  • cinderellaslipper
    vor 10 Jahren
    What has happened is that the tone of the ruby red is deep and so is the grey headboard, which has the effect of cancelling each other out...it will be much easier to change the wall to a light, vibrant counterpoint to the headboard than to change the headboard, but it is worth bearing in mind how colours and tones work with each other for future purchases...by identifying if some thing is bright, deep or pale, warm cool or neutral we can then choose to accent from another group...rather than ending up with two darks, two brights , two pastels, it just becomes self defeating..o.k....
  • Jeet Jeet
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 10 Jahren
    Thansk a lot Ethos, i guess we never thought of design from such a deep way. We want to keep balance in the room, so its neither too feminine nor too boyish..

We want room to look intresting, modern and cozy at same time.
    We love red colour too and planning to work with dark grey headboard.

Can you suggest what colours night table, chest and curtains should we get.
    Do you think white or glass will look good.

Thanks,
    Reena
  • PRO
    Warner Decor
    vor 10 Jahren
    Hi! Here are a few ideas for you:

http://deciture.com/chandler-grey-chevron-lamp/ ( I think this would diversify the room and break it pu a bit)

http://deciture.com/miles-mercury-lamp-w-nickel-base/ (very classic and minimalist)
  • toomanywhitewalls
    vor 10 Jahren
    I like the gray and red together but if it is bothering you, change it out now.

Nice headboard though. I am shopping around for one now. Where did you get it from?
  • Jeet Jeet
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 10 Jahren
    we bought headboard from Homesense..
  • PRO
    Ethos Design+Build | Remodel
    vor 10 Jahren
    Something like the wood tiled nightstand that chemayne posted above would go beautifully and soften the mix a bit contributing to the cozy feel you are after. What I like about that suggestion is the clean lines, the incorporation of black metal legs & drawer pull & warm grey tones on the drawer face, not only does this blend help soften/cozy the look but it introduces a subtle variation in color without going overboard thereby keeping the clean modern look you are after without it being overly masculine or feminine. On the red wall utilize art work that has white, soft grey & splash (emphasize splash - don't go overboard, barely noticeable is ideal) of red to pull it all together. It can be simple, abstract, etc - the possibilities are endless, but, again, this will help pull the colors together so it doesn't feel so cold (the heavy color blocking contributes to a sense of personal detachment: aka: not cozy) a softer hue of gray will connect, soften and cozy up the room - to keep it modern don't go too crazy with the colors - either stick with the scheme you have now or go with whichever, but a key element with modern, regardless the variation, is simplicity.
  • Janie Burton
    vor 10 Jahren
    I would use some type of shades in light gray or white for privacy and light control and hang long panels on either side of the windows in a plain medium gray silk. The long panels will soften your room. Use a large diameter dark wood rod to hang the panels from. Add a beautiful piece of art over your headboard and enjoy your new space!
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.