Houzz Logo Print
roxannestill

Exterior advice. Brick or hardi?

roxannestill
vor 9 Jahren
White hardi with black shutters, or brick? If brick, would you do away with porch handrails? Not sure if I would like the look of brick with white handrails, and iron wouldn't match my interior. If hardi, would def do white porch handrails. Suggestions?? Also, best suited brick choices?

Kommentare (7)

• PRO
    Dytecture
    vor 9 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 9 Jahren
    Use one material to keep the cost and labor down.
    roxannestill hat Dytecture gedankt
  • PRO
    Timberlane Shutters
    vor 9 Jahren
    We have to agree with Hardi, as the shutters will stand out more against the white siding. Attached are a few photos of 2 different homes with our black, functional shutters installed on white siding (just so you can see the impact they have).

Did you purchase your shutters yet? We ask because we are well aware that shutters are normally one of the final touches to most homes. If you haven't found a proper shutter manufacturer yet, feel free to request a free catalog from our website or give us a call with any questions! http://www.timberlane.com or 800-250-2221.
    roxannestill hat Timberlane Shutters gedankt
  • M Rene Designs
    vor 9 Jahren
    Your home will be fabulous whatever you do. Hardie is beautiful! I would also keep the handrail either way, but it's personal preference. However, with the brick, a black iron handrail would look better.

Even a Stone colored Hardie with black shutters & white trim would be gorgeous!

[houzz=
    Stone Acorn Builders Southern Living Showcase 2012 · Mehr Info
    ]

[houzz=
    Quinlan Residence · Mehr Info
    ]

[houzz=
    Benvenuti and Stein · Mehr Info
    ]
    roxannestill hat M Rene Designs gedankt
  • PRO
    Solid State Construction
    vor 8 Jahren

I would agree and go with James Hardie in Arctic White or Sail Cloth, which would look great with your metal roof design.

• roxannestill
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren

Thanks! We actually went with the brick. It was a tough decision to make, but we are happy with it.

• M Rene Designs
    vor 8 Jahren

It looks just beautiful. Nice job!!

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.