Houzz Logo Print
jlitchenburg

Fireplace update

jlitchenburg
vor 9 Jahren
zuletzt bearbeitet:vor 9 Jahren
Georgian home, traditional furnishings, antique mantel is the top piece of a break front (?) mounted into the brick. I would like to remove this "mantle" & have something that would allow for a nice picture & still have a surface that would let me decorate w/An arrangement of some kind. TV in a black (somewhat ornate) surround is on the left. All woodwork is white. Ideas?

Kommentar (1)

• PRO
    Timeless Interiors
    vor 9 Jahren
    You can get an inexpensive wooden mantle, maybe in a washed finish. Use a mason bit with you screwdriver, anchor bolts, and slap that thing right up for a long, sleek looking new wooden mantle. Here is an idea, but not to be confused with the be-all and end-all :)

https://www.etsy.com/listing/87886082/48l-white-fireplace-mantel-shelf

That reflects an "in" style and your woodwork, but another option would be something in transitional, or semi-traditional color, just less dark. Since your fireplace already has character with the brickwork, I would avoid a "full" mantle that would go all around it.
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.