Houzz Logo Print
angelacorinne

Would you share your mortar washing formula?

angelacorinne
vor 9 Jahren
I'd love to do this to my interior red brick fireplace :) Your example is the best I've seen. It looks amazing.
James Hurt · Mehr Info

Kommentare (8)

• PRO
    Cotton Woodworks
    vor 9 Jahren
    Can you post the recipe for the white washed brick?
  • Sherri
    vor 9 Jahren
    Hi James- I've looked at this pick so many times the last few weeks & just realized you are in the N. Dallas area as well-- I am in Frisco... I would really like to do this to our interior fireplace which is brick and kitchen island (same brick) - do you have anyone you recommend to hire to have this done?
  • photomama
    vor 9 Jahren
    Have you placed the recipe on here, and I missed it? We would love to have it and will be doing our exterior brick pedestals soon! Thank you!
  • Arlene Hewatt
    vor 9 Jahren
    I would also love to know the process that you used for the bricks in this photo, they are wonderful and exactly what we're looking to do. Appreciate any guidance you can give, thank you.
  • nsenzi
    vor 9 Jahren

Hi. We achieved almost the exact look with our mortar smeered wall. It took us forever to get this "look" but we finally got it right. Choose a red brick with a black overburn, and build wall with mortar made with 1 part white cement, 1 part lime and six parts white sand. Then, take the same mortar mix and paint it over a portion of the wall. Allow to dry for about 30 minutes and then take a lightly damp cloth and wipe it vigorously in a horizontal direction to remove about 50% of the painted mortar.

• Shana Frye
    vor 8 Jahren

Nsenzi can I do this to my existing brick exterior? Will it stick? Thanks for sharing what you did.

• rmjamuse
    vor 8 Jahren

I too am want help to lighten my exterior brick. It's not red-it's an orangeish red with dark mortar and I hate it. We want to put up stained shutters and they will get lost in the brick. I got a quote for $875 from a mason to do the work but they've never done mortar wash before either so why would I pay that and still be worried??? I have been scouring the internet and found nothing for what I want. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.