Houzz Logo Print
edubya

POLL: Have you completely put away your holiday decor?

Emily H
vor 9 Jahren
It can take time! Sometimes days, sometimes weeks, sometimes the lights stay on the roof all year. Have you put away all your holiday items for next year yet?

Holiday Storage · Mehr Info
Yes! We are all tidied up.
No,still enjoying the holiday spirit.
Other - tell us below!

Kommentare (153)

• Tammy Smith
    vor 9 Jahren
    The very last of it, outside lights and nativities, were packed up today, so we are officially done, but I sure miss the glow of the lights!
  • lisadkay
    vor 9 Jahren
    I always put up my tree day after Thanksgiving. It is a beautiful artificial tree I got from Hammacher Schlemmer. It is a snap to put it up and take it down. I will take it down this weekend (reluctantly). I enjoy it so much it is hard to put it all away. Happy New Year to all.
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    vor 9 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 9 Jahren
    Packed up everything outside... except the silk poinsettias in the planters. They add great color. No problem to put away later.Took down everything inside .... except the tree and lit packages. I can't quite do that yet. It warms me just staring at it.
  • constancemary
    vor 9 Jahren
    In January I put away all Christmas themed items but leave up a few wintry things, such as the show flakes in my windows. I bring in white flowers...whatever is blooming in the shops...NOT poinsettias...tulips, paperwhites, african violets, and pot them in with my green plants. In February, I add in pink, red and mauve for Valentine's day. In March, I get rid of the snowflakes in the window...and pull in the first of the forced branches for spring.
  • bevieb2
    vor 9 Jahren
    We always wait until the day after Epiphany as that is the true end of the Christmas season.
  • mommymonster1
    vor 9 Jahren
    I have put away everything. We had a 60 degree day, very unusual, so I took advantage of it. I do have some potted greenery outside I kept, because it looks wintery. I also have a few things I left out inside as well that aren't necessarily Christmas looking, but wintery looking and quite cozy.
  • Jocelyne Okens
    vor 9 Jahren
    Yes all done and always with a bit of emotion.
  • Sylvia sylvester
    vor 9 Jahren
    I took it all to the dump five years ago, and have not missed it since. Use the money to go someplace warm at Christmas time, and miss all the personal expenses of the hollidays.
  • 2lacoop
    vor 9 Jahren
    Proud to say I've never cluttered my life with holiday "stuff".
  • Ellen Schafer-decker
    vor 9 Jahren
    Grainfarmer Oops... two collections are not together! (Look up Kneeling Santa on eBay.)
  • Andrew Pierre
    vor 9 Jahren
    Me and my family are just busy with so many things to do, with my brother birthday and my fathers too it just is so much work after having 2 birthdays and it being too cold outside.
  • tcufrog
    vor 9 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 9 Jahren
    An update...My insane realtor wants our house ready to show this weekend since there's a family desperate to buy soon who is looking at houses like ours in our area and has already toured schools. Even though she's not their realtor she thinks our house is a great choice for them and wants to show their realtor our home this weekend before they make a decision.

I negotiated keeping up the Christmas tree since it takes forever to take down but hired someone yesterday to help me pack up for long-term storage all of the other Christmas stuff except for the bare minimum the kids would want while we're in rental housing for a year during the house build. That's the stockings, a few nonbreakable ornaments, the Advent calendar, Christmas books, and their Christmas Lego village. I was shocked by how many boxes packing everything up too and we haven't even packed ornaments.
  • liz fitkin
    vor 9 Jahren
    I took two days off work to get it behind me without losing a weekend! Not the funnest way to burn vacation days, but very rewarding to put our new garage storage to use.
  • emry612
    vor 9 Jahren
    we are waiting for the grandparent to come visit from florida. so we left our lights up. we are going to make egg nog and cookies
  • alh1881
    vor 9 Jahren
    I usually try to take everything down just after New Years. My son (age 13) was very enthused about getting everything taken down and packed away so the job would be finished.
    Weird that he was so into it. I think he is rebelling against his father, who never puts anything away. Ha ha- it's 2 against 1 : Mr. Hoarder/Clutterer is being challenged.
  • veecia
    vor 9 Jahren
    The holidays these days just come and go. Wish they WERE still up, but alas... I hear Valentine's decorations are already hitting the stores. It's barely the middle of January! :p
  • Regina Parker
    vor 9 Jahren
    Everything is organized and put away!! I had juror duty the following week. So I did not want to deal with it! Love Christmas/ Winter decor!! Im still listening to my Charlie Brown Christmas though! ☺️
  • PRO
    Vera Lawrie
    vor 9 Jahren
    Almost! I still have wreaths outside & a large glass vase filled with glass ornaments on my kitchen island. The tree & everything else is down. We celebrate Orthodox Christmas, so can get away with leaving some decorations out longer!
  • Carol Powers
    vor 9 Jahren
    Indoor decor packed up, outdoor lights still up but unplugged (as of Jan2)
  • Depo
    vor 9 Jahren
    I thought I did! Put everything away last weekend, but noticed that I still have a framed cross stitch sampler of five different Santas that my mom had made me years ago. May leave it up for a few more days, I'm tired of trudging out to the "Christmas cupboard" in the garage, lol!
  • Tamatha
    vor 9 Jahren
    Christmas officially ends January 11th with the Feast of the Baptism of Our Lord. Holding out until the 12th!
    Merry Christmas!
  • Tanya D
    vor 9 Jahren
    Why to take down so early? Yesterday, Jan 7 was Orthodox Xmas and Old New Year is on Jan 14 on Gregorian calendar. We keep tree and Xmas decor till my mom's bday, Jan 28. She passed away last year but we will keep the tradition alive
  • evidencebased
    vor 9 Jahren
    true, there are many traditions. most people are on the "12 days of christmas" which ends on the feast of the ephipany, or 'little christmas' on jan 6.
  • marilynellis
    vor 9 Jahren
    I decorate the first Saturday of December snd by Christmas Day I am DONE with the clutter, the sugar and over rich food. And interrupted schedules and crowds. I love Christmas music, Christmas lights and Christmas letters. Decor comes down Dec 26 and sometimes even at the end of Christmas Day if nobody objects. At that time I re evaluate what goes back as regular decor and prepare a box of donations of stuff I'm just tired of. This year I also donated any Christmas decor that I didn't use this year. Love how clear and clean my house looks when I'm done. FYI. Charities love to receive unwanted holiday decor. It's a big seller for them.
  • PRO
    Studio M Interior Design
    vor 9 Jahren
    Yep! And we've even got most of the "spring cleaning" done too! =P
  • jillybeansisme
    vor 9 Jahren
    Well, normally I would leave it all up until about January 15th. This year's a bit different since I am moving at the end of the month. So, the little 7 1/2' tree and decorations in the rental space are down and packed for moving. We didn't put up the big tree in the new home, but the 2' tree and a few decorations are out and will be out until we get there Super Bowl Sunday. They'll stay out for a few days, I'm sure. Next year we'll decorate!
  • agb1
    vor 9 Jahren
    I don't decorate until after my bday on December 12th soooooo we keep the house decorated til the 3rd weekend in January. Colder weather, nicely decorated, oh so cozy!
    Yes it's a real tree (Fraser fir) still going strong for one more week :0)
    Yup, stockings still up too.
  • Elaine Toomer
    vor 9 Jahren
    We enjoy the season completely until our youngest goes back to school and our middle daughter returns to college which is the 12th! It's not over until our lives return to their normal schedule!
  • PRO
    Dallas Organizer
    vor 9 Jahren
    Did you know that Get Organized! can take down your Christmas decorations. Call now to schedule 972-841-0738.
    Don't forget to Follow Kymberli Calloway also.
  • PRO
    Dallas Organizer
    vor 9 Jahren
    Did you know that Get Organized! can take down your Christmas decorations. Call now to schedule 972-841-0738.
    Don't forget to Follow Kymberli Calloway also.
  • michelineg1
    vor 9 Jahren
    I forgot to put away a small tree that was in my son's room so I removed the balls, kept the clear lights, and now I call my winter decor.
  • Marcia Daniel
    vor 9 Jahren
    Yes, all Christmas is up but on the 27th of December I put up Winterfest each year. That's all of the icy, crystal looking, snowy decor.
  • jonathan3
    vor 9 Jahren
    I love putting fairy lights in the potted plants around the house and leaving out bowls of pine cones. It gets dark early and the sparkly lights keep the house cheerful.
  • bmeghost
    vor 9 Jahren
    Put everything away the weekend after. But just went Christmas clearance shopping!! Need more storage bins now!!
  • Bvcx Gtr
    vor 9 Jahren
    All packed up and put away. House feels naked!
  • Chantelle Anderson
    vor 9 Jahren
    Everything inside is put away but outside we tend to wait till warmer weather. At -30 below we don't want to break the wire on the lights so they sit out there. We don't light them.
  • PRO
    DaVill Blinds
    vor 9 Jahren
    All cleaned up on New Years. Now I miss the tree
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    vor 9 Jahren
    Regretfully taking down the tree as we speak. I keep that up longer.
  • mamasin
    vor 9 Jahren
    I put away all our "Christmas" decorations, but leave up the inside lights, snowmen, and anything i call our Winter deco. House is too gloomy, without the lights. And since now is our areas coldest,and drabbest, months. I do switch out the Christmas garland for Valentine's Day style garland and lights. It gets dark here at 5:30 pm,so alittle extra sparkle, is desired.
  • catherine
    vor 9 Jahren
    I didn't do xmas at my house, we went to my in laws in France so I never have a post xmas blues dilemma with junk. Lucky me.
  • PRO
    DeCocco Design
    vor 9 Jahren
    Everything is put away except the creches. We will enjoy them for a while longer!
  • makaloco
    vor 9 Jahren
    Put away my minimalist decor on Sunday the 11th. I was traveling for two weeks and so wanted to get my effort's worth of enjoyment! :)
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    vor 9 Jahren
    Today was sad, finally removed the tree. Ornaments were off for two days and packed. Caught a helping hand with hubby to get it in the garage rafters.
  • Susan Bray
    vor 9 Jahren
    I consider my relationship with God, rather than the commercial side. Susan
  • ethosian
    vor 9 Jahren
    All tree stuff is put away but the dried plant arrangements I put on the mantle please me and so they will stay. Likewise the white lights in my artificial ficus trees. I went with a white Christmas theme in my living room and it agrees with me!
  • cozarth
    vor 9 Jahren
    Got it all put away but inevitably there is something that pops up in mid-March and says 'hey, you missed me.' Even now, there are three leftover cards I didn't use sitting on the dining room table.
  • Ericka Bromley
    vor 9 Jahren
    Not all Christmas decor gets put away. We keep certain decorations out all winter. Love poinsettias!
  • 1steward
    vor 9 Jahren
    The inside decorations are put away but we could have snow until late March here in the mountains, so the outside is still decorated. The lights on the deck look so good we may leave them up year round!
  • PRO
    LightKeeper Pro
    vor 7 Jahren

As you put away that holiday decor, take your time and be sure to pack your cherished light sets and decorations away in an orderly fashion to make the unpacking next season a bit easier on yourself.

• veecox
    vor 6 Jahren

My tree came down and those ornaments packed away in the 6th but I will not take down my lit garland and small artificial tree (in white ornaments) until much later. I find the winters so long and dark and the white lights and silver glitter fit the cold January . February I'll add some red for valentines.

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.