Houzz Logo Print
ispoiled

carpet or hardwood ?

ispoiled
vor 11 Jahren
Husband loves hardwood, I love carpet. We live on a dirt road in the mountains. 3 large rooms 20X21 connected by a narrow hallway with 3 steps. Does anyone know if an inset would look right? 2 cats 1 large dog. Kids grown and gone. House will go on the market in 7-10 years. Help!

Kommentare (3)

• lmolen
    vor 11 Jahren
    Hardwood for timeless. Great area rugs on Overstock.com..
    Go nuts and you can change them out as they wear or you want to change it up. The wood will still be wood in 20 years. Worn carpet is the pits!
  • feeny
    vor 11 Jahren
    Hardwood with area rugs would be my choice.
  • PRO
    gennxo Interior Constuction Designer
    vor 11 Jahren
    I agree with the earlier posts.

make sure you choose actual 'hard' wood with an engineered format for installation and with a great sealant for the animal traffic. (i would spec a good commercial or best residential)

new carpet can be extremely toxic to pets & humans unless you invest in natural fibres which is costly. if you have the budget it could work for you however.

animal hair doesn't show as much on carpet which is NOT a good thing.

SLIPPING on the wood floors can be a real problem for animals too.

i personally vacuumed twice a day with a large hairy dog and his kitty on wood floors.

area rugs are easier due to 'accidents' and to avoid the huge potential for allergies - for all compared to carpet.

synthetic carpet must be off-gassed before it comes into your home and this isn't usually possible if you are buying at a big box.

cotton and wool, sisal etc are the only natural fibres I have used. there might be more but I don't know them.

while I am not LEED designated I began working on LEED projects for the federal government in 1998 when it all started and have done so ever since.

I have seen many things come and go and know many of the 'tricks' of the trade or green washing buzz words.

If you would like more info feel free to contact me - directly

i am happy to give you the specs for high end look for low budget costs.

I have specified dozens of them - taught by some of the best flooring installers in the business - so I am happy to share the information with you.
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.