rguilmette

Need help with kitchen wall color

rguilmette
29. Januar 2015
Currently have almond cabinets that I can't change. Countertop and backsplash change is a bit further out, but I can paint. There is only 1 wall that gets paint, and the rest are the walls above the 8' high cabinets. The ceiling slants from 8' to 14' so it's a lot of wall, but does have a skylight in the center. Current color is Navajoe White, but Bone White also matches. I'm thinking of a deeper tan to pickup the current backsplash tile, but think it might look muddy. I do put large vases in teal and red up on the walls and try to pick up color that way. The kitchen is light but is a western exposure. Any thoughts on how to add some interest with paint color?

Kommentare (15)

• Barbara Almandarz
    What does your floor look like?
  • rguilmette
    It's red oak stained Puritan Pine. Hard to see in this photo
  • rguilmette
    The floor matches the wood trim on the cabinets.
  • rguilmette
    Here's a current shot that shows the floor and some beige colors I was playing with, but none seem to work. Thanks for any ideas.
  • Barbara Almandarz
    Got it . You are lucky that everything in your kitchen is already neutral so you have a blank palate. I'd pick your favorite color - blue? red? Purple? Orange? I'd paint all the wall surfaces (you don't have that much really). But decide if you want bold color or keep the entire kitchen neutral. If you want neutral stay in the warm beiges. Whatever color you choose, make sure it is a warm tone to blend with the warm floor and wood trim. Your coper accents are lovely and I'd go to the blues.
  • Barbara Almandarz
    What about brown? If you want beige try this. BM Satchel or Copper Kettle.
  • Barbara Almandarz
    Your tones are too pale for all your white cabinets.
  • Barbara Almandarz
    BM Penny would look great! And not super bold.
    rguilmette hat Barbara Almandarz gedankt
  • PRO
    Rebecca Ward Design
    I agree that blue might be a nice touch. Some sea glass and stormy grey-blue like these tiles.

You could also do pale warm green to speak to the trees outside that you seem to have a nice view of
    rguilmette hat Rebecca Ward Design gedankt
  • rguilmette
    I tried a strong teal but thought it would be too much. The wall over the refrig is pretty high, but you don't really look. up. Would a strong color make the kitchen feel darker, or just warmer? Thanks to all for your comments so far.
  • rguilmette
    I like the green or teal or warm beige ideas. Here art two more pics to show the size of the walls that are at the 8 ft or above height. Only the one wall goes down to the floor. Do you still think I can carry a strong color on such high walls surrounding the kitchen?
  • rguilmette
    This time with the photos.
  • PRO
    Rebecca Ward Design
    Yes, I think a strong color would be fine. Make sure it is a "tempered" color and not overly saturated. My blues usually have hints of green and gray to make them last
    rguilmette hat Rebecca Ward Design gedankt
  • Barbara Almandarz
    Once you paint your walls you can put a few things up there to break up the space. Something like a plant and/or pictures on a easel. Maybe some pottery. You have enough light in the kitchen. I think any of those colors will add a real style to your kitchen. I'm anxious to see what you do!
  • rguilmette
    I do have pottery and wicker baskets and copper kettles that I put on top. Thanks for the advice.
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Indem Sie weiterhin auf der Website surfen bzw. die App nutzen, stimmen Sie der Verwendung von Cookies und von ähnlichen Verfahren der Houzz Gruppe zur Verbesserung der Produkte, Dienstleistungen, zur Darstellung von relevanten Inhalten und um das Nutzererlebnis anzupassen, zu. Mehr erfahren.