Houzz Logo Print
kim_mckeon

Deck help

Kim McKeon
vor 9 Jahren
Take a look at the white lattice bordering the deck. The previous owners put this in to alleviate small animals from getting under the deck, but I'm not a fan of the look. Miss anyone aware of an alternative that would fit more with the deck color?

Kommentare (2)

• PRO
    Blue Heron Landscape Design, LLC
    vor 9 Jahren

Hi Kim,

I'm not a fan either. One option is to re-position the lattice farther under the deck. Another option is to use short pieces of the decking nailed vertically in the same manner. You'll have to install nailers to do this, but both options will give the impression that the deck is supported by, and cantilevers over this "screening". It will look less intrusive.

Hope that helps!

Scott

• Rick P.
    vor 9 Jahren
    There are composite decking companies like nyloboard.com that sell 12" wide fascia boards that would allow you to skirt the deck and get much closer to the ground. You could then inset a smaller section of lattice behind the fascia that goes to the ground to still keep it protected from rodents (but paint it dark so it doesn't stand out). For another, much more expensive option, you could build a small block wall up to the edge of the deck (see attached photo as a basic concept). Just keep in mind that if you fully encapsulate the deck, you need to think about access and airflow. I'd go with option 1 and make your deck more like a platform deck.
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.