Houzz Logo Print
life4real

My new master bath

life4real
vor 8 Jahren
I am remodeling my master bath. I have porcelain marble like tile for most of the entire bathroom including a marble counter for the large vanity but purchased 2 inch square real marble for the
Shower floor. Now I'm wondering if that was a mistake. Wondering what type of grout is recommended...non-sanded, epoxy, etc. worried about water seep, etc. Should I switch to a porcelain for the floor? Problem is it would have to be a solid color. No idea what to do. Please give me your advise!

Kommentare (2)

• PRO
    Give Me Shelter
    vor 8 Jahren

Marble will work on the shower floor. Apply a sealer to the marble. I usually use an epoxy grout, which doesn't need to be sealed and won't discolor, but a properly installed non sanded concrete grout will work fine (sanded grout may scratch the tile). If you use epoxy, grout smaller areas than you would with regular grout then clean up the excess. If you build the shower pan, I would recommend using a rubber shower pan liner (instead of felt paper) under your concrete (there are videos to get some info on that and you may need to change the drain). When you attach your backer board to the walls, keep your screws about 10" or so off the floor and I would also recommend using Schluter Kerdi membrane on the walls (with a non modified thinset).

• life4real
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren
    Thank you so much! very helpful!
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.