Houzz Logo Print
medha_nanal

Maintaining indoor air quality

homey_bird
vor 8 Jahren
Hi, this design is beautiful and very authentic. What I wonder is, in modern times, as people expect to keep bugs and critters outside, how can one maintain air quality with this type of open architecture? Exactly what do modern homeowners do to achieve it? (I grew up in a tropical climate and had this type of open house but everything including roaches and geckos used to be our occasional visitors. We did not mind it then but no modern American would want to live with wildlife like that, thus I ask!) Thanks in advance!!
Living Room · Mehr Info

Kommentar (1)

• PRO
    MCM Design
    vor 8 Jahren

The louvered doors have screens, so when closed the bugs can be kept out. However, to enjoy the true indoor-outdoor lifestyle you have to accept a few "visitors". The success of this type of architecture depends on locations where bugs are a problem only for short periods of time or kept at bay with strong prevailing breezes. In any case bedrooms and kitchens need to be fully enclosed and pest free.

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.