Houzz Logo Print
suetemple92

Shabby Chic restored Louis style chair.

Found this sad Louis Style chair in a junk shop unloved and covered with cobwebs and decided it needed a second chance.

I completely stripped the chair to the frame and painted the wood with Autentico Vintage Herb chalk paint. After distressing the paint I waxed over a number of days and allowed the wax to cure and harden.
I used Clarke and Clarke Chinz fabric to re-upholster.

Amazing what can be done with a little imagination and a lot of hard work.

Kommentare (10)

• PRO
    Hunkydory Home
    vor 8 Jahren

Love this!

• PRO
    Bellario Vintage Home
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren

Thank you Hunkydory Home.

• Sonia
    vor 8 Jahren
    I liked the original chair, but the transformation is amazing! You have a real talent and that fabric is beautiful. Is it Laura Ashley?
  • PRO
    Bellario Vintage Home
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren

Thank you Forzaltalla, The fabric is Clarke and Clarke Bird Seafoam andI agree very beautiful.

• elfin2265
    vor 8 Jahren
    How did you apply the cream trim ? I recently redid a chair with my son to be used in a dorm (so not as nicely done as your chair ) ane we used liquid stitch at afix the cording trim.
    Bellario Vintage Home hat elfin2265 gedankt
  • PRO
    Bellario Vintage Home
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren

Hi Elpfin, I use gimp pins together with Gutermann HT2 liquid glue as I don't like to use glue guns! Hope this helps.

• flo18
    vor 8 Jahren

superbe relooking......

• elfin2265
    vor 8 Jahren
    Yes that helps. I too do not like glue guns. It is a wonderful transformation !
    Bellario Vintage Home hat elfin2265 gedankt
  • Mhari McPhail
    vor 8 Jahren

Beautiful!

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.