Houzz Logo Print
pippa93

how do i create a relaxing themed bedroom?

pippa barnes
vor 8 Jahren
Does anyone have any suggestions that would help me create a very tranquil bedroom?

Kommentare (5)

• minnie101
    vor 8 Jahren

I'd go for either soft neutrals, pastels or soft greens in terms of colour. Duck egg is also good but needs mixing with other colours to avoid it looking cold, Add subtle pattern. Accessorise with cushions (in different textures again), a rug and a throw for a cosy feel. I'd also add table lamps for soft lighting and a couple of plants or flowers. Maybe wood furniture. Do you have any particular styles you like and suggestions can be made? Does the room get much light?

• PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    vor 8 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 8 Jahren

Hello Pippa,

Yes Minnie's right.. Calming colours that naturally compliment like several shades of 1 colour...So you may like a particular shade like pink for example and see colour variations below.. From Little Greene in this case... So a varying degree of colour that compliments and accents for the walls and wood work.. Chalky and matt are best...

Then you can add complimentary and contrasting tones for bedding soft furnishings like pale greys or silvers with white linens.. or stone colours and woods.. Keep flooring light and paint the ceiling a lovely warm colour like Whitening by LG again.. If you're laying flooring with rugs, keep to a similar colour, that way the floor looks expansive rather than defined..

Mood lighting with table lamps or wall lighting.. with soft warm white bulbs gives a calm and warm light as opposed to bright white and from a central single pendant.. : ) )

• PRO
    Eco Design Consultants
    vor 8 Jahren

The suggestions above will look really good and create a great space. All I would be to suggest addressing any draft issues before you begin decorating as there is nothing less relaxing then sitting in a cold spot. There are a number of solutions that can address any issues from windows and doors.

• headers13
    vor 8 Jahren

Depends what colours you like. As little furniture & clutter as possible. Low key soft colours; white, light grey, off white etc. Lots of layering with some cushions & throws on the bed. Nice bed, bedside tables with a soft glow bulb. A little chair in a corner etc.

• sloeginfizzz
    vor 8 Jahren
    I had a similar dilemma and chose a forest theme for my tranquil bedroom and it's working out beautifully. I've shared a few pictures in my post - search for tranquil forest bedroom and it should come up. I think the blend of green with neutrals of cream and natural wood creates a really serene space that is lovely to spend time in :)
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.