Houzz Logo Print
newrach2016

French Door Refrigerator Help

newrach2016
vor 8 Jahren

Hi guys,

I am needing to purchase a new fridge. I'm really in love with the French door, bottom freezer look however there is a bit of a dilemma. The space were my fridge belongs is next to a wall. the dimensions of the current space are 33.5'' wide, 70" high, and the current fridge that is in the space comes out 34" with the handle. The current owners have a single door fridge that opens towards the counter space..

With the dimensions given, what would the dimensions need to be for the new fridge to work in the space? is it at all possible for me to purchase my "dream" fridge?

Kommentare (5)

• PRO
    Trio Architecture pllc
    vor 8 Jahren

If you want two top doors, look for a 28 to 30 wide refrig. If one door is ok, can look at a 24 wide unit. Double check the air flow and the hinge side clearances. I think you will have some choices, you have the space! Just.....

newrach2016 hat Trio Architecture pllc gedankt
  • summery
    vor 8 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 8 Jahren

I *think* Samsung are the only ones who make a 30" counter-depth French door fridge, if that's any help! I usually check details out on A J Madison's website, as they seem to stock every fridge (indeed, every appliance!) available in N America, and have a very good search engine, reviews, etc.

newrach2016 hat summery gedankt
  • newrach2016
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren

I'm just not sure what the dimension needs to be to be able to open the door enough

• acm
    vor 8 Jahren

ask the appliance salesfolks, and/or look at the web sites for the models you're considering, and/or take a tape measure to the show room and see for yourself. better safe than sorry.

newrach2016 hat acm gedankt
  • KD
    vor 8 Jahren
    Find the manual for the models you are considering, usually clearance requirements for installation are in there somewhere. The fridge against a wall thing can be tricky though. We just gave up looking for a fridge freezer that would fit in our space and are doing a fridge only in one area and freezer only in another. All the fridge freezer options we could find that fit our space weren't big enough for our needs. (We frequently have 5-6 people at a meal, with some dietary restrictions to deal with, so we need a decent amount of space to not be shopping all the time.)
    newrach2016 hat KD gedankt
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.