Houzz Logo Print
northernlights

colour scheme for neutral new build bathroom

northen lights
vor 7 Jahren
Need inspiration to inject some life into ensuite in new build. Any ideas??

Kommentare (14)

• Isidora Markovic
    vor 7 Jahren

Hi there, are you looking to inject some life by repainting it or with the decor?

• Daisy England
    vor 7 Jahren
    If you don't want to repaint as it's a new build a bright roller blind is a start.
  • k11agl
    vor 7 Jahren
    Totally agree with @sarahjane39!!
    I even went to IKEA to get a cheap, bright print and frame :) to finish up mine (also a new build). try some darker colours if you are looking for shelves/cupboard/tallboy. Would do the same if you are going to paint the walls. A rich, dark chocolate colour will make it feels lush. Share photos when you are done please... :))
  • northen lights
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

Thanks for comments. I'm dying to start buying things but move in next to Friday 27th so will get a feel for the rooms. Do like idea of datker walls for a change. Will need to chevk how many weeks i have yo waot before we pain it to let walls settle. Any shutter/blind tips welcome too...see my other post about front of house

• k11agl
    vor 7 Jahren
    Ah... if you haven't moved in, stay off paint for a while. They can hide minor leaks! Pressure test the bathroom before painting. You will find it a lot less boring during summer! If you are ordering shutters, a non-white one might be a good option to start with. If you don't want to invest at such early stage, look up 247blinds, I always get my blinds from them and the blinds are very easy to install. Hope it helps :)
  • PRO
    Bath-Accessories
    vor 7 Jahren

We can suggest adding some stylish bathroom accessories - towel bar rails, wall mounted soap dispenser, soap dish, tumbler. Maybe some catchy shower basket...

• Silvana Clarke
    vor 7 Jahren
    I would add colour buy choosing warm looking towels (red, orange etc) then using the same colour scheme add a nice vase with flowers and a roman or Venetian blind adding the colour chosen or a silver Venetian to match the silver on the shower.
    Don't over do the colour, little is more.
  • PRO
    Solid Furniture Design
    vor 7 Jahren

Hi northen lights,

There are many different options however it all depends on the budget e.g. you could simply add a mirror or make new bespoke bathroom furniture.

New Furniture · Mehr Info

Kind regards,

A&S Kitchen Wardrobe

• jenniimatthews
    vor 7 Jahren
    Put a couple of floating shelves above the loo, as this is wasted space.....paint them the same colour as the walls, then stack some beautifully folded towels on them....
  • PRO
    LUSSO
    vor 7 Jahren

Maybe add a vanity unit that is not just stylish but also very practical.

Lusso Stone Bagno walnut designer bathroom wall mounted vanity unit 1000 · Mehr Info

Lusso Stone Palazzo grey designer wall mounted bathroom vanity unit 800 · Mehr Info

Lusso Stone Mirage grey designer wall mounted bathroom vanity unit 800 · Mehr Info

Lusso Stone Venetian wall mounted designer bathroom vanity unit 600 · Mehr Info

Lusso Stone Venetian wall mounted designer bathroom vanity unit 90 · Mehr Info

• PRO
    Woodpecker Flooring
    vor 7 Jahren

We'd suggest painting the wall in a pop colour. Wouldn't suggest going too dark - maybe a pastel? Then you could bring in darker accents with your accessories. Bring some texture to that window sill too with a bamboo blind and some potted plants.

• northen lights
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

Love those units and all your ideas thanks, I take it vanity units can be build around the sink by a joiner. I like blues, aquas and greens.

• PRO
    LUSSO
    vor 7 Jahren

Hi there, our vanity units will include a basin so there would be no need to build around the sink it would be a whole one piece unit.

Regards

jay

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.