Houzz Logo Print
traipsee

Kitchen Palette Advice

El Miller
vor 7 Jahren

Hi all,

We are renovating a kitchen in a mid-century modern flat roof house in Melbourne.

The wall adjoining the kitchen is staying, and is a chestnut colour wood panelling (it has more red than the photo shows). It's a relatively small U-shaped kitchen, open to the adjoining dining area.

So, we like white, plain kitchen cabinets (cupboards above and drawers below, in a polytec satin finish) but are having dilemmas about:

1) whether to have all white cabinetry (!)

2) whether to have some darker cabinets (i.e., a warm grey? Do we call that 'greige' now?) below the island bench level and white up top, the other way around, or other ways to break up the white.

3) the colour of the bench top (stone is included in our budget - we had looked at the Caesarstone Osprey or Snow.....trying for a warm edge to any white rather than cool)

4) Integrating this counter top colour with some tiles that we've come across that might fit the bill are these (Beaumont Brooklyn Whitewash):

4) the colour of the splash back. It is currently original turquoise mosaic - we love the colour but in a renovated kitchen that we won't be in long term, I'm leaning towards this being a little risky?

Does anyone have pics or suggestions based on their knowledge/experience, or blending these sorts of colours & finishes?

Thanks so much.

Kommentare (5)

• PRO
    Milray Park
    vor 7 Jahren

Hi Ellie, if you wish to get free advice from a professional interior designer, have a look at Milray Park Online Design Bar.

Our Design Team would be more than happy to help you with your kitchen colour dilemna :)

• LesleyH
    vor 7 Jahren
    Bump for some real advice.
  • LesleyH
    vor 7 Jahren
    Some inspiration photos for you.
    El Miller hat LesleyH gedankt
  • El Miller
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

Thanks LesleyH. These are lovely options, herringbone in particular. One of the issues thought is that we need tile floors as we have the whole wall of reddish wood adjacent to the kitchen. I think we have worked out that dark cabinetry is not going to work, which is something!

• bigreader
    vor 7 Jahren
    You need to pop onto Pintrest and search Mid Century Kitchen. It's not my style but there are some absolutely stunning pics.
    El Miller hat bigreader gedankt
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.