Houzz Logo Print
claires330

Master Bedroom - I do not know where to start?!

vor 7 Jahren
zuletzt bearbeitet:vor 7 Jahren

Hi.

We've recently done some renovations, one of which is a reconfiguration of our master bedroom. The room itself is a newly extended flat roof dormer, we did it so we could add another bedroom and fit in an ensuite for ourselves. The ensuite is now slightly deeper than what the drawing suggests, so the bedroom dimensions are 4600cm x 3850cm. But by increasing the size of the ensuite we've created a narrow entrance, which is now causing problems as I don't know how to configure the room. The only thing we have bought (due to arrive in a month) is a new grey superkingsize ottoman bed with headboard (bed very similar to one in the photo). We choose the ottoman bed as we have lost the eaves storage that used to be in there, hence being able to extend it.

I seriously need help on where to place the bed (was going to move to the other wall), what colour carpet/curtains, what colour walls, what furniture to buy??? The rest of the house is quite contemporary (in that most of the walls are painted white), but I do quite like the idea of a cosy 'boudoir' feel, without going too over the top. If we can fit wardrobes in the room, great! If not, we are contemplating turning my daughters nursery into a dressing room, however that is down the hallway and there is a loft hatch in the room at the moment.

Please, please, any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I really do not know where to start.

Thanks

Claire

Kommentare (12)

• vor 7 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 7 Jahren

This is like the bed we have ordered.

• vor 7 Jahren

Bump

• vor 7 Jahren

I love the furniture ideas you've come up with, gorgeous! I'm just a little bit wary of the very narrow entrance to the room, it really wasn't planned that way (got carried away with the ensuite) and now adding another 6/700mm, i'm not so sure. However the photo you've found, it's pretty much the same layout and it actually looks pretty good. We may have to rethink that option. Thank you!

• PRO
    vor 7 Jahren

Hi Claire,

Colours are very important as those influence our mood and feel.

You already bought bed, so that's your starting point. Now choose colours for the ceiling, walls and woodwork. You have mentioned grey colour which is neutral and so pretty much everything should fit there. However, keep it neutral, think of lilac, which scientists found being positive to our bed time, think of colours that make you feel relaxed. Think of a feature wall behind, or opposite the bed with slightly darker shade. Once this is sorted choose everything else, like curtains and cushions and carpet. Furniture must be functional, for sure:)

Read more on paint colours here: www.paintforme.co.uk/colour

Good luck!

Paintforme

claires330 hat Paintforme gedankt
  • vor 7 Jahren
    I think that the narrow entry is the thing that 'bugs' you? What if you cover the left wall of that corridor in mirror?
    claires330 hat Carolina gedankt
  • vor 7 Jahren
    To show you how it would visually double the width...
    Professor's Row Renovation · Mehr Info
    claires330 hat Carolina gedankt
  • PRO
    vor 7 Jahren

Please check my profile for wardrobes and walk in wardrobes ideas :) We deliver nationwide.

claires330 hat Nordikka - Bespoke Furniture & Steel Doors gedankt
  • PRO
    vor 7 Jahren

I would also put the bed on the opposite wall as the plan shows then wardrobes could start by the en suite wall going towards the window

claires330 hat Nordikka - Bespoke Furniture & Steel Doors gedankt
  • PRO
    vor 7 Jahren

Hi Claire

I have attached a link of the services we provide.

http://www.morphdesigns.co.uk/services/

Hopefully we can help you.

Speak Soon

Morph Designs

• PRO
    vor 7 Jahren
    The bed should be on other wall so you don't walk in on bed, especially with a narrow bit before you enter space. I would go for fitted modern wardrobes similar layout to what was mentioned before on wall by ensuite. You can then do a freestanding more French ornate cupboard to add that inviting cozy feel to a modern space. Maybe also an ornate chair in the corner by window. Colours on walls could be a warm grey or how about a gorgeous Green/grey?
    claires330 hat Urbanrook gedankt
  • PRO
    vor 7 Jahren

Hi Claire, I think the bed might work well on the other wall too as at
    the moment you walk in and straight into the bed. Selecting the right carpet is
    important, especially when it’s for the bedroom. Look at the size of your
    bedroom - neutral colours accentuate a feeling of
    space and brightness so avoid deep shades if the room is small. Usually, bedroom carpets do not receive such
    regular use so there’s an opportunity to play around with different
    fibres and textures. You mentioned a ‘boudoir’ feel and carpets with more luxurious qualities are ideal in this
    environment and there’s nothing more warming than a soft, luxurious carpet for
    feet to sink into in the morning! It’s still a very modern look especially if
    you pick a contemporary grey shade. You could then team with it lots of accessories
    to create the look you want. Try Cormar’s Sensation portfolio of carpets,
    available in a wide range of colours, in a 100% Luxelle PP, a polypropylene
    fibre that has been made to feel super soft and has a lustrous silk like effect.
    http://www.cormarcarpets.co.uk/carpet-ranges.php

claires330 hat Cormar Carpets gedankt
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.