Houzz Logo Print
jenniferborgia

Do these throw pillows go?

joy 120206
vor 7 Jahren
Having a hard time getting this right. Thx!

Kommentare (14)

• PRO
    Stage Two Sell LLC
    vor 7 Jahren
    Providing contrast with the couch is best. The pillows on the right seem to almost disappear in you photo. If you love that color of those pillows how about putting a soft throw over the arm of the couch in that color.
  • joy 120206
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren
    Can you please give me some specific examples? I'm having such s hard time. Just ding want it to look masculine which is why I chose the lighter pillows. I'm so confused. Thx!
  • PRO
    Lumar Interiors
    vor 7 Jahren

You should probably try some color. Here are some examples of pillows from a few designs of ours:

Chaplin Crescent Estates · Mehr Info

Vaughan - Living Room · Mehr Info

Royal York Renovation and Decoration · Mehr Info

• barncatz
    vor 7 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 7 Jahren

Gorgeous room. I agree the tones of the pillows on the right are too light. I might try two large matching solid charcoal linen pillows, one in each corner and then one accent 'wow' pillow in front. Restoration Hardware has nice linen pillows. Lots of places do. It will be dark, though.

So then I started wondering about the two matching pillows being in your couch tones, but with some texture to make them stand out. (I'm looking at the one in back.) I wouldn't use the one in front with your rug. This is from anthropolgie. That could also be the one in front.

Then I wondered about some combination of these ( all from cb2), again a similar color palette.

With that gorgeous rug, I'd be thinking fabulous textures or fabrics, not pattern, so that the rug can stay the star.

• cpaul1
    vor 7 Jahren

I wouldn't try to fight additional pattern with that rug too much. I would go with texture over pattern and I would stick with the neutral colors of your couch ... contrasting color is just going to keep up that fight you have going on with that rug. I would also put a second rug layered over that rug to try and tone down that pattern a bit. Plus you need a coffee table to help hid some of it as well.

• PRO
    RugKnots | Area Rugs
    vor 7 Jahren

I would add texture to the mix. Either maybe a chunky cable knit one or faux fur or something like in the above comment:

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=33296278

http://www.target.com/p/tan-oracle-faux-fur-throw-pillow-2-pack-20-x20-essentials/-/A-50530059

Also, I def agree with having at least one oblong length pillow

http://www.target.com/p/faux-fur-oblong-pillow-brown-fieldcrest/-/A-50276777?lnk=rec|pdpipadh1|related_prods_vv|pdpipadh1|50276777|3

Lovely sofa and space by the way. Do keep us posted!

• jj ma
    vor 7 Jahren

Get some oversized faux fur..pottery barn has a nice selection in your color range

• btydrvn
    vor 7 Jahren
    You have gotten some good advice to choose from so far...one thing that may help is to post a picture that shows more of the surroundings..the rug is fantastic while being the biggest challenge...finding the right thing that enhances rather than distracts is the goal... a bigger picture will help us to see a little more and get a better idea about your style..personally I love the sheepskin one as it lives up to the rug drama without competing ...while also being feminine without being frilly
  • barncatz
    vor 7 Jahren

cpaul1, some of us call that fight "contrast" and actually like it. Always interesting to get differing ideas on a decorating brainstorming site, though.

• joy 120206
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren
    Thank you to everyone for your awesome ideas and suggestions! This has been very helpful and opened my mind to other things that look better.

I don't have a good representation of the entire room because we are in the middle of redecorating. Ex. The furniture opposite the sofa is all going. I am getting a crate and barrel open wall unit in like a maple color. The chair all the way by the window is going. And I have no curtains yet no, throw pillows, nothing on the walls. Also changing the end tables.
  • btydrvn
    vor 7 Jahren
    Your edits will really clean up the space leaving a pretty fresh start...in view of the potential pitfall a wall unit is ...to add lots of clutter...and the fact that your living room is relatively small ..I might suggest you first remove everything you don't love ...and limit additions to pieces that will serve a function rather than decor...perhaps a small desk...for your I-pad ..(or a little book work)...a console chest for added storage...a couple small side chairs for extra seating when you entertain...whatever fits your lifestyle..and most of all some wall space to hang some art or decor to add your own personality to the space
  • PRO
    1001 Cushions
    vor 7 Jahren

Would you like any of these options:

FLAVIO METALLIC GREY 18"X18" · Mehr Info

MOZZA ART DECO 12"x18" . 18"X18" . 20"X20" · Mehr Info

VELDA PURPLE 20"X20" · Mehr Info

YVETTE SKY 20"X20" · Mehr Info

• KK1000
    vor 7 Jahren
    Mahne a bit tribal
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.