Houzz Logo Print
maria_mora_blanco

Fireplace restoration

Maria Mora-Blanco
vor 6 Jahren
zuletzt bearbeitet:vor 6 Jahren

One of the fireplaces in my new house has been restored horribly. It looks like this, when it should look like this (blue one). Where would I begin to get tiles that are suitably heat proof etc and in keeping and who Iwould I employ to do this, a builder?

Kommentare (5)

• PRO
    Aflux Designs
    vor 6 Jahren

hi. try this link https://www.firedearth.com/tiles/suitability/hearths-+-fireplaces

could be the best place to start :)

• titiankim
    vor 6 Jahren
  • PRO
    User
    vor 6 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 6 Jahren

All of these can be used on a fireplace and you can have any of the colours any of the sizes:- Victorian Ceramics The marine Blue is particularly nice.

If you're keeping the colours in the room, you may wish to go for a green though, as it will tie in better with everything else.

• Jonathan
    vor 6 Jahren
    You could also visiting a local fireplace showroom for inspiration
  • PRO
    Topps Tiles
    vor 6 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 6 Jahren

Hi Maria,

Most tiles, especially porcelain ones, are fine to go around a fireplace. What is more important is the adhesive used and how far away from the heat source they are placed.

We have a huge selection of styles which are all suitable for around fireplaces - http://www.toppstiles.co.uk/section1582/page1/fireplace-tiles 

Our 'Split Face Mosaic' tiles offer a similar look to the image you included and come in a range of colours.

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.