Houzz Logo Print
sherrienielsen

Can tile or light weight backing be attached?

sherrienielsen
vor 5 Jahren
Will the ABS plastic accept adhesion of other materials on the sides and back? If yes, what type of glue is recommended? Is it heavy enough to bear the weight of porcelain tile and will standard mortar stick to it? Thanks.
Modern Wall Niche Insert for Drywall Applications, White, 14" X 14" Opening · Mehr Info

Kommentare (3)

• PRO
    tischlager
    vor 5 Jahren

Yes this is very sturdy and can bare the weight. However, it is not the kind that is usually used for Shower installations as it has a corner bead detail on the front edge for drywall. This may be problematic for tiling your wall. If you do want to install tile I would use construction adhesive, if it will get wet then mastic will work.

• sherrienielsen
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer.

• PRO
    tischlager
    vor 5 Jahren

No problem, let me know if I can help with any other product questions

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.