Houzz Logo Print
stephen_crompton

Help please! Minimum width from wall to “bottom of G”

Stephen
vor 5 Jahren
I’m trying to make an (otherwise galley) kitchen design more interesting. We have a blank rectangle canvas which is 3.44m wide at the far end and 3.64m wide for all but 60cm of the length. The length is 5m 24cm. (In fact, it’s nearer 10m 50cm as it’s open plan into a diner).

We want an upside down G kitchen shape with units down the left side (inc. range) a sink along the bottom of the G - the peninsular - and then units coming back up the other side (for open prep space). (My wife wants the sink in the peninsular and I don’t want to prep against a wall and cabinets - I’m 6’5”).

I think this design can work, but I know I need a minimum of 1.2m between parallel units, which would leave only 1m 4cm between the right hand wall and the back of the nearest unit (the open prep space) at the narrowest point.

Is this sufficient? Is this basically a corridor for which the 1.2m rule need not apply?

Many thanks in advance for any help/thoughts.

Steve.

Kommentare (2)

• Stephen
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    In essence I mean this (for those who struggle to understand my description).

Thanks!
  • PRO
    Thomas Studio
    vor 5 Jahren

Why not try thinner base units in that section to maintain the walkway with that you want. The width dimension criteria should enable you to open a cupboard door or draw and still stand in front of it. Why not pace this out or mark out with tape on the floor and see if you can live with it.

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.