Houzz Logo Print
ji_lytwyn

Anyone can pls share your experience with Cristallo countertop?

HappyJaye
vor 5 Jahren

DH and I are looking for 'perfect' countertop. We were initially thinking of Super White, but all our samples were etching horribly so we had to give it up. (We have two toddlers, and we are red wine lovers). Today we went to visit a countertop place and came across Cristallo by chance.

We are in love. But our fabricator has zero experience with Cristallo thus cannot give us an advice/opinion.

Does anyone have Cristallo? How do you like it? Does it etch, stain, scratch?

Does it behave like a true quartzie, or more like Superwhite (more marble like?)

Unfortunately we have to order our slab soon, so we are desperately seeking your advice. Thank you soooo much!

Kommentare (51)

• Lori Hand
    vor 5 Jahren
    I have it. I don’t like it. It doesn’t feel like marble and it stained in an area. I’m getting ready to replace it. My entire bath is marble except for the counter top in the sink 60” and the tub 110”. It was here in the house when we bought it last yr. next to marble it’s not 100% obvious it’s not marble but it just doesn’t fit in my opinion. Supposedly this bath was $90k. I think it was a bad choice.
  • Lori Hand
    vor 5 Jahren
    I have leathered marble Brazilian super white in the kitchen. I love it though I think the original fabricator could have done a better job. It’s from Chantilly.
  • Mrs. Gopher #BringBackSophie
    vor 5 Jahren

i have it in my facility. Ours looks completely different that the one pictured here. Do you have a picture of your slab?

Ours behaves like a quartzite not a marble

• HappyJaye
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 5 Jahren

Hi Catt Combs. I don't have a good shot, as the slab was wedged between other slabs... This is an angled shot. I hope this helps determining.

Based on your experience, does Cristallo stain, etch and scratches?

I took a sample of Fantasy Blue and unfortunately it did etch.

My sample of White Macaubas passed all the test, but the slab is wrong color for us. So our final contender is Cristallo, but i worry that it would be a very expensive mistake. Our fabricator is charging 50% more for Cristallo than White Macaubas.

Ah, and i was unable to get a sample of Cristallo to test, as our fabricator has never worked with one, thus didn't have scraps to spare.

vor 5 Jahren

Fantasy Blue is a marble so it will stain and etch.

My Cristallo looks the same as yours and it acts as a quartzite.

• HappyJaye
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren

Thank you so much, Catt Combs!!!!

I heard that Cristallo can be brittle. Is it true?

And sorry yet for another question. :)

In your opinion, what makes the list of 'True Quartzite'?

I heard that Taj Majal and White Macaubas make the list. (Now adding Cristallo)

Any others?

• K R
    vor 5 Jahren

Cristallo was by far the most expensive of the quartzites we were quoted. One slab ran $8500.

vor 5 Jahren

Yes, it is very expensive. I have it at $179/sqft.

• HappyJaye
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren

Hi Fluffycat1505. I am sorry to hear of your expensive trouble..

That bathtub surrounding is Cristallo? it looks so different from the slabs I have seen.

• HappyJaye
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren

Also, does anyone know of Lumix and Quarzo are same as Cristallo? They look alike to me, but of course I am looking at online photos, which could be deceiving.

• Lori Hand
    vor 5 Jahren
    That’s what they told me. It looks like marble but feels and acts like quartz. That’s what I have except for that fine line. I am not a fan with this pattern. And the scratch. If it was just that it might be ok. I am a marble person. If you really want marble I would go with it. Liking marble I don’t like this cristallo or fake marble. It feels not the same as marble. Like quartz
  • PRO
    Nick Skenteridis-master craftsman-project manager
    vor 5 Jahren

Cristallo is a superb natural stone harder than granite.

I hope that it was your choice.

Cristallo quartzite full mitered integrated vanity

• jillybean103
    vor 4 Jahren

@Lori Hand I realize this is an older post, but hope you worked it out with your fabricator that that dark stone you pictured is absolutely not cristallo. Guarantee it.

• Houzz-Nutzer 891276262
    vor 2 Jahren

Hello! Also fell in love with cristallo and wondering what you decided?! No way to sample until we purchase the slab

• HappyJaye
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 2 Jahren

We got Cristallo in our kitchen over 2 years ago now. We absolutely love it. I was told by the fabricator on the day of the installation that Cristallo can be brittle (what???) so are careful to not bang the corners/edge, etc. Otherwise, it is indestructible. Lots of tomato sauce, vinegar etc. and no stains or etch. Still look new and I am still madly in love with it. Good luck!!

• Houzz-Nutzer 891276262
    vor 2 Jahren

HappyJaye - Thank you SO much!! Can I ask what you decided to do for backsplash? It's so beautiful I hate ruin it! Is yours polished or honed?

• HappyJaye
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 2 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 2 Jahren

HU-891276262 I am embarrassed to say that we still don't have a backsplash. First we wanted everything in the kitchen before we make a final decision, and then took us a long time to finally select a tile. We are in Canada and needed to travel to US to pick the tiles up... then the boarders closed due to Covid. We have to start over from scratch, so please share your tile info with me. :D

• Houzz-Nutzer 891276262
    vor 2 Jahren

HappyJaye - I hope to pick out backsplash after I can get a hunk of the quartzite. I am waiting to hear on price. Can I ask if you remember what you ended up paying per sq ft? I'll be sure to keep you posted on backsplash! Our cabinets are natural cherry and I have a painted white accent piece. What color are your cabinets? Do you have any photos you can share or did I miss those?

• HappyJaye
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 2 Jahren

HU-891276262 It took us a long time and found a water jet marble and mother of pearl mosaic tile that we thought that would go well with the countertop. We needed to take a sample of our countertop down to the States to ensure that colors match. That didn't happen yet, and now we are thinking of finding a simpler/local solution. Please share ideas that you come across ;)

• Houzz-Nutzer 891276262
    vor 2 Jahren

Absolutely beautiful!

• Diane Roberts
    vor 2 Jahren

I found a remnant of crystallo for a 27x24 bathroom vanity but it is 2cm. Is this an issue? I know that some people recommend plywood underneath since it is thinner but is this necessary with this size vanity?

• Houzz-Nutzer 96911429
    vor 2 Jahren

I love the cristallo, what color did you paint the walls? I have white cabinets. Thank you

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    vor 2 Jahren

Diane:

No.

• HappyJaye
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 2 Jahren

HU-96911429, We have cristallo with white cabinets.

We painted our walls Repose Gray (SW) and Kendall Charcoal (BM).

If I had to do it again, I would have selected Barren Plains (BM) instead of Repose Gray. I think it would have looked better in our kitchen, however Repose Gray is not bad either.

• Kaitlyn G
    vor 2 Jahren

Happyjaye what shade of white cabinets do you have?

• eamarx
    vor 2 Jahren

I am considering Crystallo for a 60” round table top. Is it too brittle for that application?

• Me AGirl
    letztes Jahr

@HU-96911429

love your backsplash. what is it exactlt? looks great eith the crystallo.

is your crystallo polished or leathered?

• Me AGirl
    letztes Jahr

Fluffycat1505

can we see pictures of it

• Me AGirl
    letztes Jahr

@HappyJaye wow tomatoe swude abd vinegar resistant, that is great! i wonder if it depends in the finish of the crystallo? is it leathered? or shiny?

what does wveryone think of leathered finish?

fabricator here only carries leathered crystallo

• HappyJaye
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    letztes Jahr
    Zuletzt geändert: letztes Jahr

Kaitlyn G, cabinets were painted with Simply White, Benjamin Moore

• HappyJaye
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    letztes Jahr

Me AGirl Polished finish. I haven't seen crystallo in leathered finish. If you have a photo of leathered crystallo, please share. I would love to see it ;)

• ekap
    letztes Jahr

Your kitchen looks gorgeous. Could you please tell me what the name of your backsplash is?

• d b
    Vor 8 Monaten

I’m thinking of using crystallo for my kitchen. Any updates on how it’s holding up?

• jillybean103
    Vor 8 Monaten

Crystallo is spectacular.

• Connie Edge
    Vor 7 Monaten

@happyjaye Can you share the name I’d your fabricator in Orlando.

• Houzz-Nutzer 926282148
    Vor 6 Monaten

Im in Orlando and used stone crazy jake was very helpful and knowledgable i think Happyjaye is in canada

• Carol Zelnik
    Vor 6 Monaten

HU- 926282148
    Who is your fabricator in Orlando

• Houzz-Nutzer 541423866
    letzter Monat

Hello All

we are going to install Cristalo counter top and planning to put led lights under it.

But, the favriactor has asked us to put three cat iton rods under the cristalo countertop for island. If we do then and then install led lights under it, the cast iron bars will blcok part fo the backlight. Just wnated to see if anyone had any experience wi5 this kind of installation?

• Me AGirl
    letzter Monat

Can

• Me AGirl
    letzter Monat

Whoever has installed cristallo or superwhite, can you post pictures please.

• Me AGirl
    letzter Monat

How are the LED lights installed?

• vikki7444
    letzter Monat

Used Light Tape.

As a translucent natural stone, everything will show through when lit. Rods, Imperfections, or whatever is not obvious when unlit. When unlit it is a totally different look, where those imperfections add interest and beauty.

When lit, they stand out more and absorb the light differently. The top picture‘s dark line is an imperfection in the stone. Not sure if those are Rods or Veining in the bottom picture.

• Me AGirl
    letzter Monat

@vikki7444 it looks very interesting. I like it. Would it be possible to see pictures of this u lit, how was the lighting done, in grids/ rows? What type of lighting system

• vikki7444
    letzter Monat

Light system is Lighttape.com. Full panel of very thin led lights surrounded by plastic for each section of space. (No thicker than 2 credit cards). Customized panel requires a template made of each section and lead time for them to produce the panel and mail to you. Easy installation for an electrician, as long as the measurements for the panels are exact.

This Cristallo is very translucent, like a milky ice when not lit. I don’t think you are able to appreciate the crystallization in the pictures, as it looks flat, but it is not.

• Me AGirl
    letzter Monat

Does cristallo have some grey in it or cream

• Me AGirl
    letzter Monat

Does it look like worn out ice on a skating rink? Or crushed ice compacted?

• Me AGirl
    letzter Monat

Which region is the fabricator

• vikki7444
    letzter Monat

The color depends on the slab And how the light hits it due to the translucent nature.

Most that I have seen have an unusual feature in that they appear greyish white when on the side and tend to lighten when flat. I believe the clearer and ‘cleaner‘ they are, the higher the price.

The one pictured has a combination of white, cream, grey, and brown.

The slab before Fabrication. This seems more colorful than most. (Funny as I look at the slab, l see that white streak is an imperfection and not a rod….never paid it any attention until now!!)

Another slab with less color variation.

A very clean and expensive ’white’ and grey slab.

The last one was like a true crystal. It was the first slab I saw in Cristallo and when I looked at it from the back, I was hooked as it was so translucent, even from the back of the slab. The fabricator priced it at $40,000 as I don’t think he wanted to touch it! It was soo translucent.

The consistency also varies, probably leaning more to a mini glacier look. When the sun hits the countertop, it shows even more of the layers.

The fabricator is in Virginia, but Cristallo is popular, so more Fabricators are aware of it’s particulars…. but they may charge more since it does require a different expertise.

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.