Houzz Logo Print
webuser_808739042

best navy blue for kitchen?

Zoe
vor 5 Jahren
Can anyone please help with suggesting a lovely deep rich navy blue colour for kitchen cupboards. We have the units that we want to use but company don’t do colour we like.
They will however paint/colour match to a suggestion but struggling! Thanks so much

Kommentare (36)

• Tani H-S
    vor 5 Jahren
    I’m trying out some of the farrow and ball colours for my potential units. The blue black is more black so are you wanting a very dark black/ navy or an obvious navy?
  • Zoe
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    Hi Tani, thank you so much. I am more looking for a very rich dark navy rather than blue/black. Thanks
  • tamp75
    vor 5 Jahren
    F & B Stiffkey blue?
  • Milly Moo
    vor 5 Jahren

Good old Hague blue? That's what I have in my kitchen

• Milly Moo
    vor 5 Jahren

But on my walls not the units themselves. There is someone on here who has lovely kitchen with blue units. They have posted pictures

• Ribena Drinker
    vor 5 Jahren

Little Greene do "Royal Navy", but I think their "Thai Sapphire" is a lovely deep blue, which to my mind is a much more interesting colour.

• LTS
    vor 5 Jahren
    Milky Moo I’m wondering if you are thinking of Campo who has a lovely F&B railings coloured island?
  • Zoe
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    Thank you so much all, I am new to this and Houzz so will check all these colours out!
  • Sonia
    vor 5 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 5 Jahren

I’ve been researching paints to use on some bookcases, and The Little Green Company keeps coming tops for painting kitchen units, if that’s any help. It’s what the professionals like to use. I can’t recommend a colour yet as I’m waiting for the colour chart to arrive. I still love Farrow & Ball colours though!

• Sonia
    vor 5 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 5 Jahren

The Little Green paint chart has arrived within minutes of my post above! They have a deep blue called Hicks Blue and another called Woad which looks nice.

• Sonia
    vor 5 Jahren

Here’s Little Greens Hicks Blue

• Milly Moo
    vor 5 Jahren

Just looked at campo73 too - stunning!

• LTS
    vor 5 Jahren
    Aah yeah Milly Moo I remember that beautiful kitchen too :)
  • Zoe
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    Thank you everyone for all the great suggestions, so helpful
  • Sinead Nolan
    vor 5 Jahren
    I went with Hale Navy in mine, can send pics if you want them
  • Zoe
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    Sinead Nolan that would be amazing if you have a spare minute thank you
  • Sinead Nolan
    vor 5 Jahren
    These are really bad photos, we are not long in the house so I’ll try get some in good light tomorrow morning. X
  • Zoe
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    Wow thank you tbyrne and Sinead, these are both stunning
  • Zoe
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    Ps Sinead I love your bar chairs - may I ask where they are from?
  • Sinead Nolan
    vor 5 Jahren
    I got them from Lamb Design in Dublin, it’s a Swedish brand I’m almost sure, they now have sheepskin on them
  • Matt Murray
    vor 5 Jahren
    Valspar India Ink was the colour I chose when I was looking for the same. Well matched by Diy kitchens.
    You can get a colour card and sample pot from your local b&q.
  • Helen C
    vor 5 Jahren
    Gosh LTS you have a good memory! Railings is a gorgeous deep navy blue. Do consider the light in the kitchen though. My kitchen is south facing and very bright so it needed railings. Stiffkey blue and hicks blue were too light. Best of luck choosing a colour!
  • LTS
    vor 5 Jahren
    I know Campo I’m pretty good at remembering info...just don’t ask me what we did last weekend as I can never remember!
  • PRO
    Lima Kitchens
    vor 5 Jahren

Hague blue is such a popular colour we introduced it in to our standard colour range two years ago and it is still selling strong.

Large kitchen extension for a family home · Mehr Info

• Zoe
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    Thank you again. Yes, Campo73 the lighting seems to affect the colours so much. The room is partially south facing and will have 3 door bifolds so will get quite a lot of light which is why I thought a darker might be best.
  • Jan Wyles
    vor 5 Jahren

Hiya Matt, I've just been looking at Valspar India Ink and have got a tester pot. HAve you got pictures of your kitchen units in this colour that you wouldn't mind sharing? thanks

• Jan Wyles
    vor 5 Jahren

Hi Lima kitchens, I've also got Hague Blue tester but it's looking a bit green on my test paper that I've painted. Does it look deep blue when put onto cupboards?

• PRO
    Lima Kitchens
    vor 5 Jahren
    Hi Jan, the farrow and ball Hague blue is definitely a blue. Our manufacture has named it ‘deep ocean’

Which kitchen manufacturer are you working with?
  • Jan Wyles
    vor 5 Jahren

Thanks Lima. Its a local company called HK Kitchens who make the units on site. I can have what ever colour I like which is proving hard!

• Matt Murray
    vor 5 Jahren

Hi Jan, Not great photos but here you go. There's no windows in my kitchen so difficult to get lighting right for good colour. Also still half way through the renovation so still got bits and pieces to tidy up.

• Jan Wyles
    vor 5 Jahren

Thanks for sharing Matt, its a good colour . I just have to make a decision now :)

• PRO
    Lima Kitchens
    vor 5 Jahren

It is difficult with so many options. Are there any local showrooms that you have seen the shade you are after?

• Jan Wyles
    vor 5 Jahren

Problem is I've seen it on line, the Devol arts and crafts kitchen, I've not actually seen anything real yet!

• Steven
    vor 5 Jahren
    I was dead set on Hague Blue by F&B until I ready many problems with eggshell drying time. I've placed an order for Little Greene Hicks Blue for my island, and French Grey Mid (more creamy than actual grey) for the main kitchen. I hope it all goes well. Also Little Greene colour match their primers which I've also ordered. That should be a massive help and definitely won't need a third coat.
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.