Houzz Logo Print
mkstirrett

Quartz integrated vanity top

Marilyn Stirrett
vor 5 Jahren

Can quartz, instead of porcelain, be used to make an integrated vanity top with a back splash? May need to be a custom size. If so, sources appreciated.

Kommentare (9)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    vor 5 Jahren

Ikea ones are really made for their vanities

Marilyn Stirrett hat Patricia Colwell Consulting gedankt
  • PRO
    Nick Skenteridis-master craftsman-project manager
    vor 5 Jahren

A qualified granite fabricator can make a custom made integrated vanity.

A full mitered vanity made by an experienced craftsman may be what you would like and best fit for your needs.

This is a full mitered integrated vanity that I crafted, made of Cristallo quartzite .

Of course , doing something similar , but made of Quartz, is much more easier.

I would recommend to check out the fabricators of your area.

If someone is experienced on crafting integrated vanities you may find what you re looking for.

Best of luck!

• Marilyn Stirrett
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren

Where are you located? What would be the approximate cost for a 38" x 22" quartz integrated top?

• PRO
    vor 5 Jahren

I was working in Canada but now I am in Greece.

The significant overall weight of a structure like this is the main reason I suggest to check your area first.

For more info please pm or email me.

I ll be happy to assist any way I can.

Photo

• Marilyn Stirrett
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren

Thank you so much. I did check with a local company regarding using quartz to make an integrated sink and counter top--they said, it is impossible. I will check with others. Thank you so much.

• PRO
    vor 5 Jahren

Impossible for the majority, maybe.

But there are some that can do it.

I ll do some checking on the shipping ways and will inform you if there is any suitable way.

Cause we re talking about a minimum of 50 kgr shipment even using 2 cm thickness slab.

Please note that a 2 cm is preferred for a full mitered structure because it will look like a totally solid block anyway when done appropriately.

• Marilyn Stirrett
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren

Thank you. Can you suggest any individuals or companies in the United States that do this type of work? Thank you again!

• PRO
    vor 5 Jahren

Sorry for the delay.

Since I do not know your state in US , I would suggest to just google :

"integrated mitered vanity" and check the photo results.

Most of the first photos you see are my projects but there also some very good works there with integrated mitered vanities using quartz in various areas of US such as Texas, Chicago, Florida, San Francisco, New York, etc.

There are good fabricators out there displaying their job.

The important thing for the customer is to be able to recognize them.

One good way to recognize the experienced craftsmanship is to check how good is someone working with miters.

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.